• Register
  • Help

Topic: LOL - Profound thoughts

Share/Bookmark

LOL - Profound thoughts

Hi folks,

hard work for me, I had to dig holes, very deep holes, something like sinkholes, getting this done . It is deep, very deep, in fact too deep for most of you....... How far should I go, tell me?

https://app.box.com/s/4p1jvz5gjgs8t3wmun0h

Dedicated to Fabiolcati, he does know (I'll hope).
    Laugh with me.

Raymond

!Re: LOL - Profound thoughts

Very profound! I liked this a lot, although I have to admit, at times a little high and screechy for my taste. Perhaps the decision to include an entire section made up of nothing but piccolos was overdoing it a bit??

Despite this minor quibble, I agree - a worthwhile listen to plumb the depths of the psyche. Well done!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: !Re: LOL - Profound thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    Very profound! I liked this a lot, although I have to admit, at times a little high and screechy for my taste. Perhaps the decision to include an entire section made up of nothing but piccolos was overdoing it a bit??

Despite this minor quibble, I agree - a worthwhile listen to plumb the depths of the psyche. Well done!
    I agree. I had some doubts, using the GPO piccolos or the EWQL's. The new version is a bit less screechy.

Raymond

Re: LOL - Profound thoughts

De Profundis

Hi Raymond,

Don't ever let a dog listen to this! It might be scared to death by such deep grumbling (LOL).

Every contrabassoon player will be pleased with your composition, although he (she) will have to find a counterpart player to compete with. It's so serious that it sounds a bit funny, a piece with some spirit, heavy and lighthearted at the same time, joyful and sad... But well done and daring! Although the odd choice of instruments could frighten some listeners, it is highly recommendable!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    De Profundis

Hi Raymond,

Don't ever let a dog listen to this! It might be scared to death by such deep grumbling (LOL).

Every contrabassoon player will be pleased with your composition, although he (she) will have to find a counterpart player to compete with. It's so serious that it sounds a bit funny, a piece with some spirit, heavy and lighthearted at the same time, joyful and sad... But well done and daring! Although the odd choice of instruments could frighten some listeners, it is highly recommendable!

Max
    Tomorrow I will play this thru my monitors, expecting the dogs will run!!
    Why not those two instruments? It is always flute, violin, even horns that play the solo.
    Here is some Youtube, worthwhile listening:

Raymond

Oh, just as I wanted to listen to this music, it seems that the link is no longer valid... and the music is gone. So I cannot comment on this

Aww - the link is gone.

Link: See my website : http://www.demuziekvanraymondrobijns.nl/EtalageNL.html
    The last entry at the right.

Listen to this with a smile.

Raymond

Go Back to forum