• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Viola Grand Sustains

Share/Bookmark

Viola Grand Sustains

I just love the new Grand Sustains that were sent with the newest update.

I do have one question though.... is it me or are the Viola Grand Sustains flat in pitch?

Has anyone else found this or do I need to see a doctor about my hearing? If they are flat, has anyone created an art file to help correct the tuning?

Many thanks for your help and support.

Mark

Re: Viola Grand Sustains

Yah I noticed that fairly recently, I\'m hoping that it can be fixed with an art file.

It should be, it doesn\'t sound like they are going in and out of pitch, jsut generally flat a little

King

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Glad to see that my hearing is still OK!

An art file correction would be great. I will eagerly await news on this.

Mark

Mark,

In defense of the intimitable King, the loss of tuning values was an unexpected consequence of the editing process and went undetected by all of us until I was working a couple of weeks ago on integrating the updates into the main files for a future replication run. I had examined and lived with these files (and even added a few features to them) prior to the update release and I still missed the inadvertent loss of tuning values. Aaarrgghh. Anyway, the fix is an easy one (if a little tedious) and will be made available using articulation files. This same thing happened in the aggressive short bow files. These will all be addressed at the same time – which is to say: very soon.

Tom

Tom

Thanks for the reply and the great service, as usual.

I am certainly looking forward to these updates when they are completed. Will they be in the next general update or will they be available from Gary\'s web site?

Mark

is it me or are the Viola Grand Sustains flat in pitch?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ah, finally! I never dared to criticize the odd tuning of the Grand Sustains, because I just love the fact that they even exist.

I just to say thank you to KingIdiot for maging those patches. I love them!!!

One question, though: Are the 1st and 2nd violins tuned like they should be?

I have been retuning the grand sustains in GigaStudio ever since I got the latest updates.

is it me or are the Viola Grand Sustains flat in pitch?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ah, finally! I never dared to criticize the odd tuning of the Grand Sustains, because I just love the fact that they even exist.

I just to say thank you to KingIdiot for maging those patches. I love them!!!

One question, though: Are the 1st and 2nd violins tuned like they should be?

I have been retuning the grand sustains in GigaStudio ever since I got the latest updates.

Mark,

This one won\'t wait \'til the next big update - it will be posted on the GOS web site (probably later this week).

Malo,

All of the Grand Sustains (1st and 2nds included) and Aggressive short bows had their tuning information left on the cutting room floor (fortunately, I\'ve got a key to King\'s basement laboratory and can gather up those scraps before the cleaning lady gets there. Then it\'s just a matter of separating them out from the Doritos crumbs).

Tom

Tom/King - once again a BIG thank you.

Malo - yes, I know what you mean - I thought I was sticking my neck out a bit! Luckily, I didn\'t end up with egg on my face! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Its definitely been something that I ahd recently noticed and Tom and I spoke abou tit with the short bows.

Thanks to Tom for catching what actually happened tho [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And thanks to giga edit for making it a tedious job [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum