• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pop/click sound in 1st Violins update?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Pop/click sound in 1st Violins update?

Scott, this was sort of a problem that showed up with some the Xfades. Newer enhancnements in software have since made it easier for me to fix stuff like this, but before that, some just slipped through.

It is inherent inthe sample itself. You may want to try some declicking software on the sample itself, or try to edit it out.

I\'ll be honest, this was something that irked me, but was hard to catch all of them. There are more in fact, but most are so in audible that in most orchestrations they cant be heard. It was about time as well. I wanted to finish these things since I\'d promised to be done with them along time ago.

sorry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pop/click sound in 1st Violins update?

Hi All,

First off, let me say that I finally had a chance to play with the Grand Detache updates, and they are quite brilliant, to say the least! Many thanks to Gary and King for all the hard work...I can\'t tell ya what a difference these new samples make with my work.
    Now, I noticed a constant click sound in the 1st Violins Grand Sus UpDn ALT patch (as well as ALT REL, ALT MW detache/sustain) on the B4 note...it\'s like a little pop sound that gets me every time. It\'s about 1.5 seconds into the sample. I tried re-copying the file to the hard drive, but it\'s still there. Is this just me, or is this inherent in the actual sample? I know it might sound a little nit-picky, but I love this patch more than I love my children (okay...so I don\'t actually have any kids...) and this particular note problem is very noticeable in my current piece. Any suggestions as to how I can get rid of it if it is an innate problem would also be appreciated. I have to do a final mix for this track, so the sooner the better. Thanks for your time!

Regards,
    Scott Speed

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Scott, this was sort of a problem that showed up with some the Xfades. Newer enhancnements in software have since made it easier for me to fix stuff like this, but before that, some just slipped through.

It is inherent inthe sample itself. You may want to try some declicking software on the sample itself, or try to edit it out.

sorry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No need to be sorry mate, I\'m grateful for the good things that you did., nice work! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Scot, wouldn\'t it be possible to replace the faulty sound byte with another comparable one, like either from the second violins or transpose one of the notes neighbors?

If you don\'t have time for that then try this: make another midi track and load up another violin patch, one that sounds comparable to the one your using. Now copy your existing track onto the new one. Now erase all the other notes besides the ones that click of course, on the new track, so that the new track plays the replacement notes. Go back to your first track and erase all the clicking notes. Voila! You now have two tracks producing your violin part without clicks.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think the best way to approach it would be to try and remove the click from the actual sample. This patch has a very unique sound, and the note that has the click is pretty key in the piece...any subbing or playing around with other patches in its place wouldn\'t hack it. Thanks again, though!

Regards,
    Scott

hi folks - has this been fixed yet?

I\'m getting clicks from my sustained vlns (nothing else so it\'s not a config problem) - it\'s most obvious after extreme top-end EQ...

Ian

Go Back to forum