• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Sample Material with .Art Files

Share/Bookmark

New Sample Material with .Art Files

Hi,

I am a little confused: Do I copy the 100 Vln Release to both 1st Violins Long Bows 1.gig and 1st Violins Long Bows 2.gig or just to the first one? I noticed that there are 2 articulation files: Long Bows 1U.art and Long Bows 2U.art...
    Same question for the violas.
    Thank you for an unbelievable update.

Jeannot Welter.

Re: New Sample Material with .Art Files

Jeannot,

Each group of release samples (Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses) applies to any corresponding section Long Bow .gig files. So: The \"Violins release.gig\" release samples are used with the 1st Violins Long Bows 1, 1st Violins Long Bows 2, 2nd Violins Long Bows, All Violins Long Bows 1, and All Violins Long Bows 2; the \"Violas release.gig\" samples are used with the Violas Long Bows 1 and Violas Long Bows 2; the \"Cellos release.gig\" samples are used with the Cellos Long Bows 1 and Cellos Long Bows 2; and, finally, the \"Basses release.gig\" samples are used with the Basses Long Bows. The matching articulation files have a \"U\" at the end of their names.

Tom

Tom (or anybody else who knows),

When I applied the .art files to some of the gigs (only a couple, I think) I got a warning message about the sample pools not matching. I checked out the resulting gig, and everything seemed ok. Is it safe to ignore the message?

Ursatz,

It would be best if you contact us so that we can provide a replacement for any file that provokes an error message. It doesn\'t take much for GS to flag a mismatch between wave file pools. It usually has few audible consequences, but we would still prefer to ensure that you have identical files to our reference. That way future articulation file updates can be applied without a problem.

Tom

Tom,

Thank you for your reply.
    I get the same warning as Ursatz when I update the 1st Violins Long Bows 1, all the other files update without a problem. How can I obtain a replacement?

Thank you.
    Sincerely,

Jeannot.

Jeannot,

Send an email to Gary (Gary@harps.com) identifying the file and explaining the problem. He will confirm your registration and we will send a replacement file to you.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I\'ve emailed the list to Gary - there were 3 problem files for me. (On one of them the message said \"about 100% of the samples match.\" Doesn\'t sound like much of a problem to me!)

I initially got the same \"wave pool doesn\'t match\" message as others have and did not proceed. I tried later, however, and had no problem and no message.The first day I tried, I had already done several updates but the second try I did these updates fresh. I sense that those receiving this error message do not actually have anything wrong with their update files but are victims of their computers getting confused or just acting weird (or, perhaps, pilot error)
    Just a thought!

Go Back to forum