• Register
  • Help

Topic: TIP & TECHNIQUE - Launching GigaStudio & MaestroTools Automatically at Startup

Share/Bookmark

TIP & TECHNIQUE - Launching GigaStudio & MaestroTools Automatically at Startup

Submitted by Jeff Hurchalla:

To launch both MaestroTools and GigaStudio at startup time, go to the Windows Start Menu. Go to Start | Programs | Startup folder but do not move the mouse inside the pop-up area to the items inside Startup. Instead, put the mouse on the Startup Folder item itself so that it is highlighted, and right click on it, and choose \"Open\". If you did this correctly, Windows will launch a folder window with the contents of Startup. You\'ll use this window at the end of the next steps.

Go to Start | Programs | Nemesys and highlight \"Gigastudio Workstation\" without starting (clicking) it. Instead of starting it, right click on this highlighted item and choose \"Copy\". Left click somewhere not on the start menu (the desktop for example) to dimiss the start menu. Activate the Startup folder window you launched earlier and right click the mouse inside this window and select \"Paste\". A shortcut to Gigastudio should appear inside the folder window if you did this correctly.

Go to Start | Programs | Garritan Orchestral Strings, and highlight MaestroTools without starting it. Right click on it and choose \"Copy\". Dismiss the Start menu and then activate the Startup folder window. Right click inside the Startup window and choose \"Paste\". A shortcut to MaestroTools should appear inside the window.

Now, every time you start your computer, Gigastudio and MaestroTools will both launch automatically.

Re: TIP & TECHNIQUE - Launching GigaStudio & MaestroTools Automatically at Startup

Does anyone know what the pros and con\'s are of making giga your \"shell=\" in win98SE?

I remember reading an opt thread here, but cannot find it, and am not sure how you can make windows your shell if you want to go back

Re: TIP & TECHNIQUE - Launching GigaStudio & MaestroTools Automatically at Startup

I\'ve often thought about doing that on a dedicated system. To change it back, you have to boot to DOS. For WIN98SE, you could hit F8 at startup, select Command Prompt Only, and then go and manually edit your SYSTEM.INI file using edit. If you\'re running WinME, you\'ll have to have a DOS boot diskette.

Right, but I wonder what are the added benefits?

If you set up GS as your shell, the original thread pointed out that you could set Explorer.exe as your wav editor (IIRC). Then you\'d have an easy way to get to other functions on the computer without all the rebooting hassle.

As for the benefits - I guess it\'s just a slightly faster, more automated startup into GS. Doesn\'t seem worth it to me, but that\'s just me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>
    As for the benefits - I guess it\'s just a slightly faster, more automated startup into GS. Doesn\'t seem worth it to me, but that\'s just me.[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, thats my analysis, given the posts. And given the speed of processors these days, hardly worth it. I thought it might buy some memory, but prolly not that much...

Missed the note about making explorer your editor...

Go Back to forum