• Register
  • Help

Topic: USER TIPS & TECHNIQUES: Doubling &Detuning - Submited by Francis Belardino

Share/Bookmark

USER TIPS & TECHNIQUES: Doubling &Detuning - Submited by Francis Belardino

For a \"bigger\", more panoramic sound, Maestro Francis Belardino offers the following Tip:

\"I made a 2 copies of 1st Vln SusV EXP soft ... and in the editor I transposed the first copy, -3 cents and the second +3 cents. I removed the GPC attack control of the first copy and manually set the attack in the editor.\"

\"In Gigastudio: I launched the first copy on PORT 1 and the second on PORT 2. The second copy has attack controlled via GPC. I dialed the attack to be slightly slower than the first copy.\"

\"Played copies at the same time (notes trigger ports 1&2) ... the sound seems to have a hint of European tuning and a bit more dramatic of a vibrato.\"

\"What do you think? \"

Francis Belardino -

Hear an Example of Francis\' Tip @: www.gigastrings.com/mp3/doubled_detuned.mp3

Re: USER TIPS & TECHNIQUES: Doubling &Detuning - Submited by Francis Belardino

I like it, the sound has more bite. I\'m curious what effect this treatment would have with other articulations? Nice job with what you\'ve done, does a harmonization sound that much better as well?

Steve http://www.mp3.com/stevechandler
    aka Ettienne http://www.mp3.com/ettienne

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Garritan:
    For a \"bigger\", more panoramic sound, Maestro Francis Belardino offers the following Tip:

Francis,

\"What do you think? \"
    I can\'t get sound out of this type of mp3 player, is there a way that I can download this file, so I can play it on my mp3 Sound Jammer?

Rick D.

Francis Belardino -

Hear an Example of Francis\' Tip @: www.gigastrings.com/mp3/doubled_detuned.mp3

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me your email address. I could email it to you.

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 03-28-2002).]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
    [B]Give me your email address. I could email it to you.

Thanks, it\'s: rick.dortignac@verizon.net

Francis,
    Interesting effect, I think I\'ll try that with autotune, but I\'ll do it on the fly and choose my spots. I\'ve been trying in vain to emulate a tender, sweet sounding violin.

Rick

Go Back to forum