• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dropouts and Note Stealing with Exp and ExpLeg

Share/Bookmark

Re: Dropouts and Note Stealing with Exp and ExpLeg

Hello

I tried bumping the Transition Voices to 64, but I\'m still experiencing dropouts and Voice Stealing.

I would appreciate any further ideas to try out.

Thanks

Kevin

how many notes are you playing? How many instrumetns?

I have my voice strealing set as high as I can plssibly get it without getting pops and clicks in Gigastudio. 80 I believe... maybe more, but I think the max is 80 isn\'t it?

Try using light instruments. if you can do without EXP for the mockup try jsut the \"normal\" velocity switch instrumetns.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    how many notes are you playing? How many instrumetns?

I have my voice strealing set as high as I can plssibly get it without getting pops and clicks in Gigastudio. 80 I believe... maybe more, but I think the max is 80 isn\'t it?

Try using light instruments. if you can do without EXP for the mockup try jsut the \"normal\" velocity switch instrumetns.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

King

Thanks for the tip.

I\'m using Exp or Exp Leg on every section (1st Vl Exp Leg, 2nd Vl Exp Leg, Vla Exp, Vlc Exp Leg, and CB Exp). Would drop outs be normal when using this many Exp instruments?

I noticed that all the masking sample have four layers as well. So one note on an Exp Leg instrument is actually 16 voices. When making transitions from on note to the other, it\'s 32.

So Silly, I stopped at 64 Transition Voices, I\'ll jack it up to 80 like you suggested.

Thanks

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KevinH:
    Thanks for the tip guys. I already have the Transition Voices set to 32. I\'ll try doubling it and see what happens.

PS.

Great demos Simon. What harp are you using?

Kevin

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you do use more than 16 notes of 10-voice poly, you WILL get note stealing, no matter what you set \'transtion voices\' to.
    The harp in \'Opus 4\' is a glissando patch from Advanced Orchestra.

Dropouts and Note Stealing with Exp and ExpLeg

Hello

I\'m experiencing a lot of dropouts and note stealing when using the Exp and Exp Leg patches on all the string sections.

I\'m using a Pentium III 800, 512meg of ram, Delta 1010, Gigastudio 160. The Transition Voices setting is at 32.

Would the Marble Sound Driver be the cause of this? I never upgraded to the new version on the last upgrade package.

Would appreciate any tips.

Thanks

Kevin

Those patches use a lot of polyphony. That\'s why you experience notestealing. With masking samples you will use 10 notes of poly pr. playing note.

yeah, du to the high poly count in EXP legatoo instruments you neeed to definitely up the transition voices if you\'re goignt o play multiple melody lines at ones wit EXP LEG

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Thanks for the tip guys. I already have the Transition Voices set to 32. I\'ll try doubling it and see what happens.

PS.

Great demos Simon. What harp are you using?

Kevin

Go Back to forum