• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What reverbs are you guys using with GOS?

Share/Bookmark

What reverbs are you guys using with GOS?

Just curious what reverb and reverb settings you guys are getting good results from emulating a hall reverb? I don\'t own a Lexicon or anything in a box. So don\'t reply if you\'re going to say get a Lexcion PCM-91 because I can\'t afford it .
    Can anyone recommend a good setting for brass and woodwinds to make them sound more in the back of the hall? I tried a reverb decay for the brass and woodwinds last time of about 1.9 seconds and put about 60 percent reverb wash over it to try and make them sound more in the back. I got okay results. Any tips would be appreciated. I\'ve got a choice between using TC reverb or Waves Renaissance.
    Thanks

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-10-2001).]

Re: What reverbs are you guys using with GOS?

I do use the Waves trueverb. I have a small Lexicon (MPX1), but this one was waist of money. I also have the TC SPARK reverb, which is quite good when your are on the point of mastering to add the extra touch, but in no way for something else.If you can not afford the high end Lexicon, I would advice not to buy a cheap one. For me trueverb works quite well. I needed some time to find the good parameters. Of course I am also looking for better!

MPX1 waste of money?? Uhm... okay....

Simon, what do you use?

Simon, I am really only telling about my experience with the MPX3, it could of course be that you know better how to use the MPX1 as I do.I had the MPX connected to my 03D Yamaha mixer, and I could just not get a clean reverb with it and not as good distance feeling as with the Waves plug-in, which is also much easyer to use for me. But if you have some advice how I could get good results with the machine, I would appreciate your comments.

------------------
    IGOR

I\'ve been experimenting with the Waves Renaissance verb all day and I think it sounds great for a plug-in. I found a great \'Grand Hall\' setting that I tweaked some. Much more depth and richness then the TC reverb IMHO.
    I will be using this verb from now on !

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-10-2001).]

Damon, you write you use Waves Renaissance, I do use the Waves trueverb, do you also did try it? If yes, could you tell me difference between the two, and if it is worth to upgrade to Renaissance. Actually I think they have a demo on their website, so I will have a look.

------------------
    IGOR

IGOR, I don\'t really have any advice. I just turn the knobs until I am satisfied with something I have used the MPX1 for everything the past 3 years or something. I also have a TC M-One, which is more CLEAR than the Lexicon, so you tend to HEAR the reverb more with that, which is in my opinion no the point at all, at least not for orchestral music. So I rarely use that for orchestral stuff - sometimes I use it for the brass though. It is very good at looooong nice verbs a la Mike Oldfield/Enigma - I\'d definitely take it over the MPX1 for that, but not for orchestral music. Having said that, I think that Waves RVerb is the best sounding software reverb I ever heard and sometimes I use it on the final mix to add a little extra hall feeling. And if it wasnt software, or if it was realtime working on my Pulsar, I might consider using it all the way, but as it is now, I still prefer using HW reverbs.

Damon, I guess this answers your question too

[This message has been edited by Simon Ravn (edited 11-11-2001).]

Thank you Simon, I did spend this rainy sunday surfing after audio infos on the Internet and I found:
    http://www.music.vt.edu/students/ohestnes/verbtest/reverbtest.htm

Their are 40 diferrent MP3 files 24 times a vocalist and 16 times drums processed with different reverbs. Always the same music of course. I did follow the advices and did the so called blindfold test. After finishing I did know which reverb I will buy. On both the vocalist and the drums, the same one winned with a big difference in points.In order to not influence other poeple I will, at least for now, not write which one. I only hope that it is not a guy from this company which is author of the test :-), because it seems so obvious, but I do not think so. This label always made me a very honnest impression.

Rennaissance is better then TrueVerb IMHO and easier to tweak.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-11-2001).]

Go Back to forum