• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maestro Tools problem with Logic

Share/Bookmark

Maestro Tools problem with Logic

After installing Maestro Tools, my Logic Audio 4.72 was always crashing when hitting the play or record button. Every time I had to close the computer, because Windows was dead.

I noticed that if I open Maestro Tool before using Logic, everything was ok. So the problem seems to be only with the Maestro Tools driver, when the Maestro Tools application is not opened.

Is there a workaround? Or do I have to open Maestro Tools every time I use Logic? I also tried with Cubase, but there was no problem.

Radu

Re: Maestro Tools problem with Logic

Radu Lupu,
    We ran across this problem with Logic during the beta period. Some of the beta testers who were using Logic on the same computer as GigaStudio had this same problem. Jeff researched the matter and developed a workaround. Below are instructions for Logic users regarding how to configure MaestroTools with Logic Audio.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Hurchalla:
    Jamie from Midiox was able to tell me how to get midiyoke drivers to work with Logic and the same thing will apply for the Marble drivers. This will most likely be a necessity for anyone who runs Logic and Maestro on the same computer - You need to edit your C:\\Windows\\Win.ini file. There should be a logic heading there and under it will be listed MidiIn_MarbleSound_Midi__Port_1=1
    MidiIn_MarbleSound_Midi__Port_2=1
    MidiIn_MarbleSound_Midi__Port_3=1
    MidiIn_MarbleSound_Midi__Port_4=1

You will need to change each of those values from 1 to 0 for Logic to work. If you happen to install midiyoke or hubis loopback for some reason, you will also need to make similar changes for those drivers as well. What happens is that Logic (by default) grabs every possible Midi input when it starts, even if it\'s not at all appropriate for it to use it, as in the case of the Marble driver. I\'m not sure why this should cause a crash in both the case of an installed Marble or midiyoke driver, but I suppose I am in good company. In any event, this should fix the crash because Logic will no longer grab the Marble midi input ports. I wish it didn\'t have that behavior in the first place, since even barring crashes, it\'s wrong for it to try to use these drivers.

To sum it up, editing win.ini will be a requirement for everyone who uses Maestro and Logic on the same computer.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I strongly recommend making a copy of the win.ini as win.bak. If you somehow mess up win.ini, you can simply delete it and then rename win.bak to win.ini.

Let us know if this works.

Gary

Thank you Gary! Everything is working fine now!

Radu

I just got another problem with Logic... When I have Logic running, GS doesn\'t take its input from MarbleSound anymore,... or Maestro Tools is not working with Logic...?

Do I have to make a special config in Logic? I chose Giga to be the MIDI out. Is that ok?

Thanks,
    Radu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radu Lupu:
    I just got another problem with Logic... When I have Logic running, GS doesn\'t take its input from MarbleSound anymore,... or Maestro Tools is not working with Logic...?

Do I have to make a special config in Logic? I chose Giga to be the MIDI out. Is that ok?

Thanks,
    Radu
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I found why it was not working. In fact, I think Logic is the first one to grab what comes on MIDI in. I don\'t know why it is like that, but is is. Then I can assign the Logic MIDI out to Maestro Tools MIDI in, which will send its out to Giga. That way it seems to work.

I had to reboot a couple of times to had this working, so I was a little bit confused. Sorry to bother all of you with that kind of problems...!

Radu

[This message has been edited by Radu Lupu (edited 11-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Radu Lupu (edited 11-06-2001).]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Radu Lupu:
    [B] I think I found why it was not working. In fact, I think Logic is the first one to grab what comes on MIDI in. I don\'t know why it is like that, but is is. Then I can assign the Logic MIDI out to Maestro Tools MIDI in, which will send its out to Giga. That way it seems to work.

I had to reboot a couple of times to had this working, so I was a little bit confused. Sorry to bother all of you with that kind of problems...!

At me maestro tools doesn\'t working!(logic audio)
    Millions of reboots don\'t help.
    BTW at my comp maestro tools doesn\'t work no with sonar too.
    How to get it working?
    Vitaly

In Logic audio in the environment window create a new midi device and assign it to marblesound 1, which is the input of maestro.

It works great for me. The order in which I open the programs is: maestro, gigastudio then logic.

Hope this helps.

Go Back to forum