• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'Prosonus Orchestral Collection'

Share/Bookmark

Re: \'Prosonus Orchestral Collection\'

Question:
    \"i\'ve heard about the programm called cdXtract which can convert the various formats...but just to be sure, will it convert the akai samples with all the parameters intact into the soundfonts.\"

From what I know, if you want to convert from giga\'s to akai\'s or soundfont\'s, you will need other ultility program like Awave Studio. You could get the shareware version then try-out all various formats before you decide to purchase it and sample-library.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.fmjsoft.com/

Keep in mind, none of available translator programs can translates 100% between the formats, it doesn\'t mean \"not usable\" but you will need to fine-tune a bit in order getting best result depends on the originated sources. Well, translating the entire \"Prosonus Orchestra Collection\" is a lot of works, maybe Donie or others would share with us more?

thanks for the response...will try that program but the only thing is that i don\'t have any akai sample cd with me :-(

\'Prosonus Orchestral Collection\'

hello friends,
    i have a question for you. i heard the demos of \'Prosonus Orchestral Collection\' and i\'m pretty impressed with the sounds for the money you have to pay....but my problem is that i cant use the sounds in the akai or giga or anyother format but soundfonts. so my question is, if i get these sample libraries, will i be able to convert the akai samples into soundfonts with all the parameters intact. i\'ve heard about the programm called cdXtract which can convert the various formats...but just to be sure, will it convert the akai samples with all the parameters intact into the soundfonts.

thanks

I used the \"Translator\" software from Chicken Systems to translate a lot of stuff into Giga. They support bi-directional translation. You might check them out and see if they support what you do. The software cost me around $100 and worked most of the time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I had a few problems when working with the Roland libraries... b ut that may have just been me, who knows. Check them out www.chickensys.com

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    I used the \"Translator\" software from Chicken Systems to translate a lot of stuff into Giga. They support bi-directional translation. You might check them out and see if they support what you do. The software cost me around $100 and worked most of the time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I had a few problems when working with the Roland libraries... b ut that may have just been me, who knows. Check them out www.chickensys.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">i\'ve heard about the translater, but i think the problem is that giga supports more parameters than the soundfonts and thus i think the problem may arise. if someone can post a link to some place where i can find the information regarding all the of multi sample formats i.e akai, roland, giga, soundfont etc and come to know about the information in details it would be great.

i dont want to spend 250$ to know later that i cant convert the akai or giga to soundfonts with all the parameters intact...

thanks

Go Back to forum