• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bardstown Bosendorfer or EastWest Steinway?

Share/Bookmark

Bardstown Bosendorfer or EastWest Steinway?

Have any of you guys/gals tried both?
    Which one do you like better?
    I have the Malmsjo & GigaPiano already.
    Any opinions welcome.

Re: Bardstown Bosendorfer or EastWest Steinway?

I own both an I must say that (disregarding the fact that comparing Steinways to Boesendorfers is a problem in iself) I like Bardstown\'s Boesendorfer much better. The new version has a lot of control over velocity response. Most importantly, I prefer the sound of Kip\'s library over EastWest\'s. It\'s very authentic and very present in a mix with almost anything. I\'ve pretty much stopped using the Steinway because I find it a bit sterile. All this is just my personal taste, however.

Hi DanS

Im saving for the Bards...hands down in my HO.

I have the malms...

Thanks guys. Of course you realize that Bards is coming out with a Steinway D as well......hmmmm.

well, I should wait and then see if they do a MIDI demo of teh Debussy Reverie...which is a good comparison for instance bet malmsjo and the Bos...

Really, I had no idea that Bardstown Audio is recording a Steinway... (I do know about a Baldwin, though). If that\'s correct I know which library is next on my shopping list!

Originally posted by DanS:
    Thanks guys. Of course you realize that Bards is coming out with a Steinway D as well......hmmmm.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hello DanS,

A Steinway Model D from Bardstown Audio will be quiet some time into the future and not anytime soon. The next major piano release in the works will be a Baldwin SD10 nine foot concert grand piano, but that is several months away.

Here is the mp3 demo link to Reverie of the Bosendorfer Imperial...

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/Reverie.mp3

Thanks,

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Hi!

I have been enjoying playing and recording on the Bardstown Audio Bosendorfer. I have had it about 2 weeks and have already used it several times within pop tracks where it sits nice in the mix, although being primarily a jazz pianist and I am anxious to use it within that context soon.) I am also recording some solo piano cuts; this something I never thought I would do with a MIDI sampled piano, but it does sounds very convincing. (I have always been very critical about sampled pianos, especially played solo, where all the detail could be heard, to me they always sounded like toys.)

I am glad that has changed and there are so many nice painos available for the choosing. The BA Bose provides a great a deal of variety with multiple patches of different sounding configurations. I like the Bosendorfer with the Mod Filter patch for a ultra soft delicate smooth piano, it sounds very organic. For some reason, I had audio pops with the Gigapiano, when I switched to the Bardstown Audio, no Pops.) I am not sure why, perhaps I need to reload the Nemesys piano if I ever have a need too. Good Luck with choosing a piano or pianos. I just wanted to chime in and say how pleased I am with my Bose.

Happy Giga,
    Garius
    Pianist
    Manhattan

Hi Kip, I got the Steinway info off of the Pro-Rec site. That sure is some advance teasing then!!
    I guess I\'ll have time to save up for the Steinway after buying the Bosendorfer?

Thanks for the info.

DanS

Go Back to forum