• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonic Implants DEMO is AVAILABLE!!!

Share/Bookmark

Sonic Implants DEMO is AVAILABLE!!!

For the Symphonic String Collection! Find it at:
    http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings/demos.asp
    And it does sound sweeeeet! And check this out boys and girls: there is a sample .gig file too!! Holy crap! Gotta go and try it out! Later!

Re: Sonic Implants DEMO is AVAILABLE!!!

I\'m working on a cue right now that sounding pretty sweet with Kirk Hunter violins ( reduced mids and boosted at 10k and above ). But, it doesn\'t sound like that! The violins sound pretty great in the demo. Ofcourse you can\'t tell much about playability, but everything sounds really nice. The violas seem to have a vibrato that I am not crazy about, or is that high cellos? Seems promising.

sounds pretty nice.

So far I really like the sound of the basses.

Sounds like the viola is what you\'re talking about, Nick. I kinda hear that too. But I wonder if it\'d be much of a problem, maybe its only in the forte velocity.

I have to say this is exactly the type of string sound I have been looking for.

Something a little more intimate, but when layered with GOS will sound absolutely wonderful. I think the strong vibrato is a real plus. I am assuming this is using the Long Tones Expressivo

\"........Long Tones Expressivo

Sustained tones with deep vibratos and expressive phrasing. 2 velocity levels, down bows, release samples........\"

actually its full dynamic range control in SI not vibrato control. More like GOS. Itr fades between piano,MP,MF,and forte. With a more natural dynamic (volume) range

VotA is vibrato control with velocity switching....unless you do some reprogramming like me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] yah yah. ART files will be shared at somepoint when I make sure they are \"right\"

Anyhow, these are really two different things. Still SI strings can be programmed to respond exactly like VotA. ITs a simple edit.....well if the samples are normalized...if not its a little more difficult...but can still be done.

Also these are \"legato\" samples, not the expressive ones it seems. I\'m anxious to hear those now. Definitely could be a great string library, IMO so far from what I hear.

Curious about the short bows now.

I\'m not sure I like all the bow movement in the forte samples. Still its how it was naturally played....so who am I to complain [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey KingI, don\'t you sleep? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    \"VotA is vibrato control with velocity switching....unless you do some reprogramming like me yah yah. ART files will be shared at somepoint when I make sure they are \"right\".\"
    With my 76 key controller, it cuts off the bottom three key switches. I would like to move them, but it may screw up NFs wordbuilder. When I have time I will have to check out your art files I have, but alas I prepare for E3, which eats my time now. Maybe when I get back you will have your VOTA art files available. And what is the deal with you and short bows?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And BTW, I now \"officially\" proclaim that foreverafter the Sonic Implants Symphonic String Collection library shall be officially referred to as SISS, or even SISSC if you insist. I have spoken and counted to three: so it is written, so shall it be. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I have to give credit where credit is due...

This library is going to be amazing! I would strongly suggest that everyone download the demo gig on the SI site. The spacialness of the samples (especially the bass) is phenominal. You all know what a big believer I am in release triggers and this one takes full advatage of them. Release triggers on strings are an absolute must IMO. This library is going to rock!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Great work guys!

Donnie

I did like the Basses quite a bit, although something sounds a bit odd about it (maybe it\'s that viola).

It\'s kinda funny that this library should come out at a time when I am getting ready to purchase GOS. It\'s definately put a question in my mind as to which one is better (I know it\'s really a subjective thing).

I guess the user feedback will be the judge!

Should make for some interesting discussions in the upcoming months!

\"Of course you can\'t tell much about playability, but everything sounds really nice.\"

The demo Gig file is very revealing. I only played with it for a short time, but the way the vibrato is done in VOTA would be THE way to do string vibrato: controlled by mod wheel. I think some of the parts are MOD controlled but I think they were for swells. Gotta look at it again...

There are others who were very excited about this and have not yet checked in. Common, speak up! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Was the name of this thread misleading? *bump*

Go Back to forum