• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: The Panflute I promised you - Free download!

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Panflute I promised you - Free download!

Thomas, thanks so much for sharing this with all of us. It\'s a great little flute...very nicely done, indeed! Can\'t thank you enough.

Regards,
    Scott

Thank you guys! Glad you like the flute.

I just sample what I need, really. If/when I complete the ethnic flutes library I will probably sell it, but right now you\'re getting freebies [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas

Well done Thomas

I am very grateful for this, and have much enjoyed the way you put life into these samples. I have always agreed with your ideas on sampling, and I truly think that expression is what makes a good sample.

Thanks once again

hey, I\'ll take the freebies.... So when\'s the next one? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyone think Scarbee might want to give out a few of his upcoming Fretless\' as a freebie..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thank you Thomas for the panflute. The recording and playing methods make the samples very \"real\" sounding.

Doug Bircher

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

Guys, thank you very much for your kind words!

I truely believe in expressive samples out of the box based on a few simple deductions:

1) most of the time a musical solo instrument is played expressive. That\'s really what\'s required from the player. Almost in 99% of all cases.

2) Artificial tremolo/vibrato and layering is just time consuming, and the added control over the sounds doesn\'t really make up for the boring sequencing job.

The panflute is far from perfect. I would sample more alternative samples for the higher notes and I would try to make the notes longer (but it\'s hard for a guy who can\'t really play the pan flute [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] - It requires a lot of air. Believe me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Next freebie will probably be a solo cornet or trumpet. Or both. I\'m planning an extensive solo cornet (played by myself) that will fill all the holes I see in the existing libraries. It will probably be huge in size (because I\'m going to sample all possible intervals (up/down) in 3rds. and make it as dynamic as I can.

I will probably make a cut down version for you guys.

First of all I gotta get my a** in gear and record that percussion I had scheduled like a month ago. This will be for myself though. I had to postpone it due to insane workloads at school.

Which reminds me. Gotta call the guys and set up a new session.

Have a nice day and keep on downloading it. I\'ve extended the delete-date to friday.

Thomas

One thing\'s for sure...

It\'s certainly the best panflute I have. Thanks an oodle. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm arriving to this free-download-party about 4 years too late... (and I'm usually the one who's 10 minutes early to everything!) ... Thomas J, any chance you'll repost that panflute from 2002?

Fingers crossed...

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

yeah... I missed this one too, and I'd love to play a pan flute.

Thanks,

Bill
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast