• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere or Morphology?

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere or Morphology?

I am looking to buy a library that has crazy pad sounds and such to say the least. Which is better atmosphere or morphology? The demos for both are great but the only that it unattractive is the price of atmosphere.

Re: Atmosphere or Morphology?

Atmosphere.

J-

In terms of value, you simply can\'t beat Atmosphere.

Trond

Hi,

I don\'t own Morphology (nor have I heard it) so I can\'t say whether it is on the same level, or better, or worse. I do own Atmosphere and I agree with everyone else. Well worth the money. The one thing I would say about it is that the sounds are so good that you probably won\'t spend much time programming it (and it is programmable). It\'s not a full-on synth but once you layer some different patches together and change the filters and envelopes, you can create your own sounds.

HTH,
    FV

I own both. If I had to choose one, it would be Atmosphere by a mile.

I have Atmosphere, and just ordered Morphology - yesterday, as a matter of fact. I hope I didn\'t make a mistake. (Also ordered XPhrase).

(I\'m presently working on a synth-based project. After that I will be doing piano-based, using GPO and (hopefully) the Black Grand.)

Lawrence

Atmosphere user, and yes it does rule. My only complaint is that it has no tempo syncing. So any pulses or movement you\'d like to add to a pad, for example, must be done the slow way, drawing things in and copying patterns, etc. I just ordered Xphrase the other day because of its ability to do this (sync to tempo) and import sounds (maybe from atmosphere?) to use within it. Really looking forward to checking it out. Never used morphology tho.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    mike

Originally posted by MichaelAngelo450:
    My only complaint is that it has no tempo syncing. I just ordered Xphrase the other day because of its ability to do this (sync to tempo) and import sounds (maybe from atmosphere?) to use within it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mike,

Great minds must think alike (I\'m hoping!). That is exactly the limitation of Atmosphere, and why I bought Morphology. For the stuff I\'m working on right now, I gotta have sync (at least for some sounds)!

Lawrence

You can pick up a lot more info on Morphology in this THREAD

Also, Morphology is now just starting to get reviewed in magazines - they are all highly commending it so far - the advice is basically that it will blow you away. But don\'t take my word for it!

An even better (though different) product, however, will be Altered States, which will be released in May. This one is designed to blow everything else off the planet in the value-for-money and inspiration stakes. Old material? Well put it this way: if Spectrasonics combined 10 of their best libraries from the past with 1 GB of brand new material, built it all into one 5GB instrument, with all the loop content sliced, and everything automatically synced to your tracks, and offered it for $299, would it be a desirable product? All of the libraries that went into Altered States got fantastic reviews in the press when they were released individually in plain old audio format. In INTAKT format they are 10 times more powerful and flexible.

Go Back to forum