• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prosonus Orchestral - where's the snare drum?!

Share/Bookmark

Prosonus Orchestral - where\'s the snare drum?!

Hey all, especially Prosonus Orchestral owners,

Did I miss something? I can\'t find any snare drum or snare rolls, like the package and online info states. Please, please tell me that those little things halfway up the keyboard on the \"Orchestral Percussion Mix\" instrument are it. You know, the ones that sound like a whipcrack, or matchsticks breaking.

Also, you guys weren\'t kidding about the tuning, er, \"tweaks\" necessary, especially for the brass sounds.

On the plus side, all the sounds I\'ve had a chance to audition have a good characteristic sound - nothing \"synthy\" sounding in the bunch. But if I can\'t find those snares or tune those brasses . . .

--Eric

Re: Prosonus Orchestral - where\'s the snare drum?!

Originally posted by Eric G:
    I can\'t find any snare drum or snare rolls, like the package and online info states. Please, please tell me that those little things halfway up the keyboard on the \"Orchestral Percussion Mix\" instrument are it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Eric, I never found a snare either.

Also, you guys weren\'t kidding about the tuning, er, \"tweaks\" necessary, especially for the brass sounds.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have been in touch with BigFishAudio. They are interested in some examples of out-of-tune instruments. I told them to check out the Sus Cello Section but have not been able to look into it further as my gigaPC has been/will be down for a while. If you would like to post some more names of instruments with tuning problems, I would be glad to inform BFA of them. I am also wondering if the instruments are in tune with each other. I hope to have my PC back on-line soon (its always something!) BFA appears to be interested in this issue though they stated they were not aware of the problem. Let me know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Prosonus Orchestral - where\'s the snare drum?!

I found the snare samples -- they\'re included in the \"Orchestral Mix\" instrument, but the samples aren\'t mapped! What the hey? Is there a reason for this, or is it just an oversight? Oh well, gives me a good excuse to learn the editor. Still...it\'s not like this is a freebie soundfont or something.

I just got the library today, so I haven\'t had a chance to scrutinize the tuning issues. A few made me pucker pretty hard right off the bat, though.

--Eric

Go Back to forum