• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Samples? Educational Discounts?

Share/Bookmark

Samples? Educational Discounts?

Where is the best place to get esoftware and samples at educational prices? I am not trying to be cheap, I am college and would like to save some money if possible. If there isnt\' any educational places, where is the best place I can buy Opus 1 from at a good price.

Thanks,
    Sean Beeson

Re: Samples? Educational Discounts?

Do a google search. There are plenty of places that offer educator discounts for software. But I haven\'t found one yet for sample libraries. I do believe Gary Garriton does for his sample libraries.

www.mtlc.net has educational discounts available.

Scarbee has a 40% off (I think) for educational purposes, go and check it out.

Best,

Simone Coen

Hi!

Does anybody know a good place where I can get such software inside the EU for educational prices?

Thanks

Michael

Thumbs up for Scarbee but they are an exception. It is really annoying for us Europeans (well, of course I can only truly speak for Germany). I can find educational discounts for students in nearly every U.S. webshop, while our \"educational version\" is only sold to schools and not to individual students.
    I even found educational versions of Steinberg products (Cubase SX and Nuendo) in the U.S. shops. So I asked Steinberg about that and they told me they wouldn´t offer any discounted versions for students! No chance for us!
    As we already do pay a lot more for those products in Germany (which are exported from Germany to the USA so they could even be cheaper for us, left aside the actual dollar/Euro exchange rate) I am higly disappointed :-(.

That\'s gotta bite. Most educational discounts are given to students and educators even if it\'s for personal use.

Originally posted by Sean Beeson:
    Where is the best place to get software and samples at educational prices? I am not trying to be cheap, I am college and would like to save some money if possible. If there isnt\' any educational places, where is the best place I can buy Opus 1 from at a good price.

Thanks,
    Sean Beeson
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">TrueSpec has educational pricing. Typically, you have to provide a Xerox of your CURRENT student ID for the current semester/school year to qualify. Once presented and the OEM approves, your order can ship.

You can get academic discounts (partial list) on:

Cubase SX
    Emagic Logic
    Sibelius
    Finale
    Cakewalk
    Samplitude
    NI Kontakt
    Digital Performer

TrueSpec does all of these except for DP.

Starting April 1, depending on your country, TrueSpec has special student pricing programs for Vienna and GPO. This pricing also includes currently enrolled \"Music For The Media\" students.

You can call us at the number below my name or write caroline@truespec.com

Originally posted by waldorf&stadler:
    I even found educational versions of Steinberg products (Cubase SX and Nuendo) in the U.S. shops. So I asked Steinberg about that and they told me they wouldn´t offer any discounted versions for students! No chance for us!
    As we already do pay a lot more for those products in Germany (which are exported from Germany to the USA so they could even be cheaper for us, left aside the actual dollar/Euro exchange rate) I am higly disappointed :-(.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No need to be disappointed. Write caroline@truespec.com and let us know what you\'re looking for. We ship all over the world.

Originally posted by peter269:
    Starting April 1, depending on your country, TrueSpec has special student pricing programs for Vienna and GPO. This pricing also includes currently enrolled \"Music For The Media\" students.

You can call us at the number below my name or write caroline@truespec.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Cool! How much can you get Opus for if you are are on the Music for the Media course?

Ed

Go Back to forum