• Register
  • Help

Topic: Middle Eastern Percussion and (female) Vocal CD recommendations ?

Share/Bookmark

Middle Eastern Percussion and (female) Vocal CD recommendations ?

Hi there !

I was wondering if someone could help me out with recommendations of sample cds that feature (mostly or only) middle eastern rythms and/or vocals (preferede melismatic one both melismatic and non melicmatic). I\'m having this project in the near future and could really need the info. I have heart of asia and africa also vocal planet but nothing of this has the stuff I\'m searching for. big fish\'s \"hadeeth arabic rymths\" sounds cool (but the audio cd format is kinda...). what about roots of the middle east ?

any help is highly appreciated !

thanx and best greetz, boro

Re: Middle Eastern Percussion and (female) Vocal CD recommendations ?

Sonic Implants Silk Road lib is pretty good. Lots of good multisampled percussion and some very usable loops. No vox, though.

hi there !

thanx for he info !

greetz, boro

hi sharmy !

great demo ! thanx for sharing. will definitely check out silk road. there is just one thing. hwat do they mean by \"soundfot\" on the sonic implant site ? (not the old format which was uses with these bad creative soundcards, or? cause I couldn\'t use em with me RMEs).

thanx again for the info.

greetz, boro

hi sharmy !

thanx for sharing this cool demo ! will probably get myself a copy of SR. thanx again !

greetz, boro

I have hadeeth arabic rhythms. They are very good middle eastern rhythms. Try getting the ACID/Wav version, as the CD Audio version gave me some looping problems and needed adjusting I think. There\'s only rhythm loops and some one shots, no other instruments/vocals, but they\'re very good sounding.

Also try Sonicfoundry\'s Ethnicity - lotsa good ethnic loops in there (no vocals).

Then there\'s ZeroG\'s Deepest India - very good indian vocals and instruments, both multisamples and loops on 3 CDs, but not middle eastern.

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">hi sharmy !

great demo ! thanx for sharing. will definitely check out silk road. there is just one thing. hwat do they mean by \"soundfot\" on the sonic implant site ? (not the old format which was uses with these bad creative soundcards, or? cause I couldn\'t use em with me RMEs).

greetz, boro
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanx boro [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I believe the sound fonts are down loadable sounds. I have heard both good and bad about these (not Silk Road specific). It would be wise to know what you are getting before purchasing, so there are no surprises.

On Silk Roads I recomend also being aware of what the collection is and isn\'t. The percussion is not multi sampled but the collection\'s articulations (various hits,flams,rolls etc) are really good. There is also a generous supply of loops, and with a tool such as recycle for timing issues you should be in good shape percussion wise. There are excelent musical phrases, though I wish there were more, and the melodic instruments patches can add a nice flavor, but don\'t expect to do a whole lot of improv with them.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">hmmm do we have the same library? The percussion in my Silk Roads has single hits.

hi sharmy and thanx for this in depth info !

will check that.

greetz and thanx so much, boro

what do they mean by \"soundfot\" on the sonic implant site ? (not the old format which was uses with these bad creative soundcards, or? cause I couldn\'t use em with me RMEs).

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Soundfonts is a very popular sample format. Originally developed by Creative Labs specifically to support their soundcards, the format really took off so that many software samplers now import that format, and you don\'t have to use Soundfonts with only a Creative Labs card. As format, it does have limitations (there is not a whole lot youcan do programming wise, and thereare memory limitations). Still, it is extremely poluar, especially among hobbyists and semi-pros.

hwat do they mean by \"soundfot\" on the sonic implant site ? (not the old format which was uses with these bad creative soundcards, or? cause I couldn\'t use em with me RMEs).

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">and

hmmm do we have the same library? The percussion in my Silk Roads has single hits.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The Silk Road CD is available in the following formats: Giga, Soundfont, Kontakt, & Kurzweil.

We also have downloads available in Soundfont format only. The downloads only include the individual hits, not any of the loops (to keep the download size reasonable - even with the loops the various downloads range in size from 6meg to 50 meg, and those are compressed files).

Go Back to forum