• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: A poll type question.... call me curious.

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: A poll type question.... call me curious.

I mix mainly on JBL Studio Monitor 4412s, in a mid-field postion. I also have a pair of Yamaha NS-10M Studio Monitors in a nearfield position, and several pairs of Sony MDR-7506 headphones.

Old Skool, no doubt, but I know how to mix on \'em.

My very next studio purchase is a surround system which will be made up of Mackie HR-624s. I\'m not exactly thrilled about spending the money right now, but I\'m getting intense pressure from some of my indie-film clients to either get surround mixing in house or lose budget money to do this elsewhere. But the 624s will actually be a good thing, since I\'ll most likely retire the NS-10Ms at that point.

I\'d love to do the surround system with Dynaudio BM-6s, but just can\'t swing the $$$$$$. I had a pair in here for a reveiw last year, and giving them back was one of the hardest things I\'ve ever had to do.

bruce

I use professional Sony mdr-7506 headphones. They\'re the best I\'ve ever used.

I also use some polkaudio monitors, but they\'re kinda\' old, so they don\'t sound as nice as they could.

I used to use M-Audio\'s Studiophile SP-5B Powered Reference Monitors, until I blew a tweeter. For now I\'m stuck with the 2.1 PC gaming speakers that came bundled with my DELL [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] .

Dude - you need to replace that tweeter. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I use both the M-Audio BX5 with a KLH 10\" sub in a switchable 2.1 config along with the LX4 5.1 system, which I run in stereo, 2.1 and 5.1 configs. The subs are placed on either side of my legs under my keyboard stand on Auralex GRAMMA isolators, and I have the BX5s on MOPADs.

I also have an array of Auralex minifusers on my front and back walls with LENRD bass traps in the back corners. IMHO, it\'s better to spend $250 on speakers and $250 on room treatment than it is to spend $500 on speakers alone.

I also use a Berhinger ECM 8000 and an Allen & Heath signal generator to check for offending frequencies in the room (and made adjustments to the Auralex mini-fusers and bass traps to get things close), with a trusty Radio Shack sound level meter to make double-damn sure that all the nearfields are speaking at the same volumes, particularly with the surrounds.

I also have an old pair of Yamaha KH-5M headphones and Sony MDR-V600s for tracking late at night or running headphones into the closet for iso-booth work.

M-Audio BX8\'s here Kid.

A pair of Mackie HR824s. I absolutely love them. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Genelec\'s 1031A\'s 5 years ago.

NS10\'s in the garage collecting dust.

Will never look back.

HHB Circle 5\'s - in 5.1 configuration.

Yamaha NS10\'s (when in doubt).

Sony MDR-7506\'s.

Little speaker built into the G5. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

SWL

Event 20/20 Bass + a couple of Sennheiser eargoggles

Mackie HR824\'s - They work great for me.

I MAY be gettting a pair of Genelec 1031\'s too soon, we\'ll see. They won\'t be new but a friend of mine is needing to dump them and I think I\'m going to help him out - they\'re stupid cheap and I know they rock [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sony phones as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I also have a pair of Roland DS 90\'s collecting dust - anybody want to make a bid?

J-

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast