• Register
  • Help

Topic: OPUS 1 or EWQL Gold ? What to choose ?

Share/Bookmark

OPUS 1 or EWQL Gold ? What to choose ?

My system is Athlon 2GHz with 1G RAM and i\'m using Halion2....
    Can buy add 512MB of Ram or Additional HDD for Opus [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What should i Go for ?

OPUS 1 or EWQL Gold ?

HELP !

regards
    lukpcn

Re: OPUS 1 or EWQL Gold ? What to choose ?

lukpcn,

Even though both Opus 1 and Gold are close in price don\'t forget that you need Giga Studio to run Opus 1. Gold comes with the Kontakt player and is ready to go right out of the box. I use it with a 2.6 ghz P4 with 1 gig of ram. Gold also has the ambience built in whereas, I\'m pretty sure Opus 1 is pretty dry. Just a few things to keep in mind when you make your decision.

Good Luck,

Darren

I have heard that Halion imports Giga Samples quite well so you could use it with Opus 1. Ask a few questions on the VSL forum, or do a Halion search there.

I\'ve had Opus 1 for a few months now, and I\'m getting some amazing stuff out of it. Don\'t forget that you also get the legato instruments. They\'re wonderful. Overall I\'d say that although I have had to do quite a bit of tweaking in Opus 1 (adjusting release times etc) it\'s actually capable of very subtle and inately musical textures. It\'s the best musical \"instrument\" I\'ve ever bought. Period.

However, I can see that EWQLSO Gold is a terrific, out of the box library with great strengths of its own. Tough choice.

Why not save up and get Opus 1 and EWQL Silver now, then upgrade to Gold later? Costly, but it would cover virtually all you needs, I\'d guess. You\'d need at least two computers to run everything though.

Luck
    Heath

Opus 1 works beautifully in both Halion and Kontakt. At least I haven\'t had any problems with either sampler.

It also works great alongside GPO.

Originally posted by dpasdernick:
    lukpcn,

Even though both Opus 1 and Gold are close in price don\'t forget that you need Giga Studio to run Opus 1.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you\'re a Logic user, it also comes in a Native EXS24 version.

Go Back to forum