• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for good Electric Keyboard Sounds

Share/Bookmark

Looking for good Electric Keyboard Sounds

Hello,

I am running Sonar 3 along with Kompact.

With all of the great libraries for Orchestra, Drums, etc... , I can not find pop-style electric keyboards (a la the Disney sound).

A plug-in would best suit my needs.

I just sold my K2500rs so I am without solid electric piano sounds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Looking for good Electric Keyboard Sounds

Hi,

it would sure help if you were a little more specific (rhodes, wurli... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

now if by Disney you mean a mickey mouse type keyboard I recommend the Camembert 2004, a very cheesy VSTI
    Enjoy (a nice bottle of Bordeaux goes great with it too) [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I love Logic\'s EVP88 rhodes and wurli plug in. I don\'t know if they have a VST version. How about Lounge Lizard? Doesn\'t Scarbee have some elec. pno libs?

If you want free ones that are VST plugins, try http://www.mda-vst.com/

If you miss the 2500RS, you could always pick up a used 2000R! Last time I looked they were going for $400 or less on ebay.

I certainly don\'t use the orchestral sounds in my K2500 (which I use as a controller keyboard) anymore, but even today it always seems to have the one sound I need and can\'t find anywhere else. Kurzweil\'s instruments are extremely versatile.

Those people really knew what they were doing. Sometimes you forget that there were really good instruments 12 years ago too!

And I agree with John Z about the EVP88. You just need to slap a compressor on it to give it more bite.

Scarbee\'s Rhodes does sound great on the demos I\'ve heard.

Best Rhodes Electric Piano - Scarbee RSP 73
    Best Wurlitzere Electrick Piano - Scarbee WEP
    Best Hohner Clavinet - probably Scarbee XXX [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for your replies.

I will try to clarify what I am after.

I am looking for the pop electric keyboard sound made popular by the Yamaha DX-7 in the late 80\'s.

This sound was used a lot in the pop ballads for Disney animated movies.

When I think of rhodes and wurlitzer, I think of the 70\'s or a \'retro sound\'

Since I have sold my Kurzweil, my setup is all software. So I am wanting some plug-in style electric keys for my new configuration.

Thanks again for any help.

I posted a demo of Scarbee\'s RSP 73 Fender Rhodes in another discussion topic here on Northern Sounds titled \"Demo Featuring Scarbee RSP 73 Rhodes and Bardstown Jazz Guitar.\"

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

If you are after the DX7 type of rhodes sound then you might want to check NI FM7.

If you want the real deal, nothing sounds better than Scarbee\'s RSP73...

Thanks again for your replies,

But,

I am not looking for Rhodes or a Wurlitzer sounds, I am interested in 80\'s to 90\'s style, Disney or DX-7 pop-ballad electric piano sounds.

These are clean sounds with a bit of a bell tone sound in them.

Most hardware synths have these sounds, but the software side of things seems to favor older stuff.

Thanks again.

Go Back to forum