• Register
  • Help

Topic: COMB2 and GPO4

Share/Bookmark

COMB2 and GPO4

I own COMB2 and GPO4 and I use them in Finale. Will these libraries work in Sibelius without downloading another set of libraries? Or are the GPO4 and COMB2 libraries for Finale different from those for Sibelius?

Thanks.

Art
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Re: COMB2 and GPO4

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen1 View Post
    I own COMB2 and GPO4 and I use them in Finale. Will these libraries work in Sibelius without downloading another set of libraries? Or are the GPO4 and COMB2 libraries for Finale different from those for Sibelius?

Thanks.

Art
    Hi, Art - Are you switching to Sibelius? Or maybe you'll be working in both Finale and Sibelius? Just curious.

There's a difference between the full Garritan Libraries and the versions that are Finale specific - "for Finale" - but I'm pretty sure you have the full versions of both GPO and COMB. Those are cross-platform Libraries, so there aren't versions that are different for the two notation programs.

In Sibelius, you need to download and install sound sets which are XML files that set the program up for recognizing and being able to use your instruments. If you have Sibelius, this should be the page you need for those downloads:

Sound sets for Sibelius

Randy

Re: COMB2 and GPO4

Are you switching to Sibelius? Or maybe you'll be working in both Finale and Sibelius? Just curious.
    Hi Randy! Yes. I'm considering switching. I never thought I would, but the threads on the Finale forum are getting scarier and scarier on F2014 updates--fixing some things while breaking other functions that were previously OK. For this reason, I'm staying with working in Finale 2011 but considering Sibelius.

In addition, someone also mentioned that playback with GPO4 sounds better with Sibelius than with Finale. For me, that was a telling comment.

Art
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Go Back to forum