• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Sonic Implants Strings - User Experience

Share/Bookmark

Sonic Implants Strings - User Experience

I am curious if anyone who pre-ordered the Sonic Implants Strings has actually received them yet and had any chance to dabble with the library?

I would be interested to hear any feedback.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Sonic Implants Strings - User Experience

I\'d try again in another month or so. Let people get their hands on it, play with them, actually use them in a project before they can give a real life honest answer.

Nothing personal against SI, but the demos still haven\'t sold me. I just heard a brand new demo done with Sordino samples. Cheers to the composer for the beautiful piece but Jeers to some of the attacks and releases that still seem to give away the illusion.
    [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Midphase, really? I think the sordinos are gorgeous.

Also, you should never expect a sample library to sound 100% real. If you\'re waiting for that, you\'ll have a loooooong wait in front of you. Sample libraries are there to get you closer - they will never be the real deal, especially not with instruments as expressive and complicated as strings. Chances are better you\'ll find 100% believable claves, cowbells and such....

I must admit that I am very hesitant at the moment about buying the libary based on the demos.

Simon\'s demos are excellent yet the other demos on the site really don\'t quite do it for me. My gut feeling at the moment is to say to hell with the $300 introductory price reduction and wait for more feedback before shelling out another $1000.

It sounds like there are some really nice things in S.I. strings, although as an owner of GOS, I am not sure if these \"add-ons\" are worth $1000 to me.

As for waiting, yes, I do understand that no-one is really going to know TOO much about the library at the moment. But, seeing as this library was shipped apparently a week ago to those who pre-ordered, I thought at least some users might have had their early thoughts on the library. I am not looking for expert detailed analysis, just a feeling as to how playable, useful, and valuable this library would be when considering another $1000 is at stake.

Have I just talked myself out of buying?!?! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I only think the reason we haven\'t heard anything is because people dont ahve it yet.

I personally think the demos sound fantastic. Especially the Sordinos...but you mixed the piano too loud Simon, IMO (maybe becuase the piece was normalized?). Anyhow, there\'s a beautiful \"constant\" to the lower dynamics of the strings in the demo. Something I personally find very nice.

I do agreee that the attacks and releases sound a bit weird, but also believe that some of that is easy to \"fix\". Not to mention a personal taste.

I must say I disagree strongly that there should be anything \'weird\' about the attacks and releases.

I am still waiting for my shipment. Otherwise, I would have said somthing by now.

Hey guys, could someone post the URL for the Sonic string demos, I was roaming around a bit on the site but didn\'t see anything....

I knew you would Simon [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Which is why I said it was taste [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Besides its not so much in the sordino demo. That one is near perfect. Which is why I\'m so damn close to buying this library RIGHT NOW ( I will buy it, I\'ve made that choice...I just dont NEED strings right now). When I get an orchestral Project, Its going to be bought and shipped [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

In the other long bow demos however.

I think they sound great, but they are pretty consistent. Which is why I\'d want to add some changes/variation. Maybe even some short bow layering or somethin. Just something like that.

I guess I shouldn\'t say \"fix\". Its not that the library sounds programmed wrong. Just the sequencing on some of those demos were bad IMO.
    (not yours of course....yours suck horribly because you\'re obviously bad with MIDI [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ahem...).

Anyhow, Mark. I believe getting this as an \"addon\" to GOS is worth a grand. Seeing as I would have gladly paid 2 grand for GOS, if it added this much variation on top of what it already offered.

I cant say right now that either one IMO is \"better\". I\'ve argued with a few of the guys that both may be the answer. The short bows in SI sound great, but too tight accross all notes. The short Bows in GOS sound great and varied but not \"tight\" enough accross all notes. the Long bows in SI sound fantastic in tone, but I like to layer in Short bow variations lightly under my long bows to add for expressive movement and \"color\" in fast lines, and there aren\'t as much as GOS.

youknow what would be cool? If Gary and SI could get a \"bundle\" deal together. Say at anytime you can buy the libraries at their \"intro\" price or a few bucks cheaper. I bet people would go for that.

There you go:
    http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings/demos.asp

Just my $0.02. The SI fast arco demo sounded too \"synthy\" to me (ungood attacks), and something similar someone did with GOS sounded great. The sordino/Simon demo sounded very nice indeed tho.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast