• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bad news for Steinberg users also ?

Share/Bookmark

Bad news for Steinberg users also ?

My contact may have been confused or misinformed but it would seem that Steinberg are also withdrawing from the PC market as from about September. As an IT head in a college where they were considering upgrading their music dept. he was informed of the E-magic situation but also very few possibilities apart from Cakewalk and Sibelius would be available after September.

Thus many more are left up the creek without a paddle !

Re: Bad news for Steinberg users also ?

That would seem strange. What would be their motivation for dropping a large part of their business?

I think your source is misinformed.

Steinberg\'s even offering a crosssgrade for Logic users up until september for people who are still using PC\'s.

Interesting stuff. There is a very unsubstantiated rumor of osx for pc machines. Notice that they mentioned no \"Windows\" support after september but they diddn\'t say no \"PC\" support. Both companies may be working on that also. Who knows. That would be a great move for Apple is to port their os to the PC.
    Anyone else hear anything similar.
    Dave

I heard that too and I hope that will be true, just imagine how good will be having OS X for PC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ve heard the same, and that their trying OSX on AMD chips first. Most Mac sources are discounting the idea though, saying that the impetus for the rumours is coming from a single site - http://macosx.org/osxonintel.html - and there\'s not much concrete there.

Originally posted by David Govett:
    Interesting stuff. There is a very unsubstantiated rumor of osx for pc machines. Notice that they mentioned no \"Windows\" support after september but they diddn\'t say no \"PC\" support. Both companies may be working on that also. Who knows. That would be a great move for Apple is to port their os to the PC.
    Anyone else hear anything similar.
    Dave
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In fact, Emagic will stop releasing new Windows versions. They will keep supporting current Windows versions for an acceptable period of time. So, I guess, this means that support will not be ended after September.

Peter

Go Back to forum