• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bigga Mini - MiniMoog for Giga

Share/Bookmark

Bigga Mini - MiniMoog for Giga

This forum is so crowded with talanted composer that I hardly dare to post this, pu what the heck....
    Just finished a small demo using the \"Bigga Mini\" CD.
    You can download it here.
    More info at Bigga Giggas

Re: Bigga Mini - MiniMoog for Giga

Thanks, Worra. Nice groove. That\'s what I needed to hear. You\'ve put it on my \'to get\' list. Now all I\'ve got to do is decide which comes first-BoB, Mini, MemoryMoog or Prophet... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dasher

Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    Thanks, Worra. Nice groove. That\'s what I needed to hear. You\'ve put it on my \'to get\' list. Now all I\'ve got to do is decide which comes first-BoB, Mini, MemoryMoog or Prophet... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dasher
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Why not get them all at once... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I assume it would save on shipping... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And for the sake of anyone else here who needs one and doesn\'t have it-I still love your Clav!

Dasher

I assume it would save on shipping... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And for the sake of anyone else here who needs one and doesn\'t have it-I still love your Clav!

Dasher
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanx man! I\'m glad you like the Clav, it\'s probably the best sampled Clav there is right now. I\'ve talked with some guys at Clavia who was very impressed over that one. They have worked with a D6 for their Nord Electra and said that they where a bit jelous over how our samples sounded....
    For all of you who might have missed \"Boris D6\", here\'s a small mp3 demo.
    You can read more about it at Bigga Giggas. (Still just $59)

LOL! I still have a binder full of Mini-Moog setting/patches, and I still own Moog Taurus II bass pedals (used to have Taurus I). Yup, that is the sound all right. I now have a Korg DW8000 that does all my Moog imitation and it does a great job: one keyboard I will never get rid of. I have patches like \"Lucky Man\", \"Wakeman Topographic Oceans\", \"Big Sawtooth\", \"Big Bottom\", etc. Good stuff to have around.

Worra, maybe you have some advice here- as part of a live gigging system, I want your clav (at least one of the gigs) available as part of my pseudo-GM set (where I map the GM sounds I use to the GM number, and the variations or non-GM sounds to the GM numbers I DON\'T use.)

I\'m concerned that several gigs I really want to use may cumulatively be too large to fit in available RAM. Would you happen to have any Clav-Lite .ART files laying about that perhaps stretch the samples and use less RAM? Or have you tried this and decided it loses too much in the translation?

Dasher

Worra, maybe you have some advice here- as part of a live gigging system, I want your clav (at least one of the gigs) available as part of my pseudo-GM set (where I map the GM sounds I use to the GM number, and the variations or non-GM sounds to the GM numbers I DON\'T use.)

I\'m concerned that several gigs I really want to use may cumulatively be too large to fit in available RAM. Would you happen to have any Clav-Lite .ART files laying about that perhaps stretch the samples and use less RAM? Or have you tried this and decided it loses too much in the translation?

Dasher
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No, I haven\'t tried it, but it should work. The clav now has 4 note/octave sampled, I suppose it all comes down to how much smaller you need the gig to be.
    You could easily do this by yourself. Just open the file in the instrument editor, choose the instruments you wanna use and copy them. Thenm make a new instrument an paste the copied instrument into that.
    Now you\'ve can delete the regions you don\'t wanna use and stretch the remaining so that they cove the whole range. I suggest you try removing half of the regions first and see if you get down to the size you need.
    The you save the gig using \"Save Limited\" and check the \"unreferenced samples\" box.
    Let me know if you need more help!

WOW!!! As a proud Minimoog owner I just have to say that\'s the best sounding sampled version that I\'ve ever heard!

Great job!!!

Worra, thanks for the tips. It\'s not help I need, now that the Editor tutorial is out-it\'s time (and no comments about my rhythmic accuracy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

As soon as I\'ve got the time (and my new computer is operational) I\'ll try a 2-note/octave layout and see if I like it.

Dasher

Go Back to forum