• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Demo, VSL and I

Share/Bookmark

Demo, VSL and I

Hello, everyone.

Here is the link to my new orchestral cue.
    http://www.wisemanproject.com/demo/040327Thebiteoffate.mp3

All sounds are VSL in Kontakt, except clarinet and bass clarinet that were played by me.

Re: Demo, VSL and I

Hi Kentaro,

did you had to do much postprocessing in Kontakt after converting from giga?? I\'m just curious how much work it would be to convert a major library like VSL to Kontakt.

Malte

[EDIT]

Oops .. I just forgot to say that the track of yours is really beautiful.

Very nice Ken. Like the dark moments.

Good work Ken. Great use of the basses to introduce the change...

I really like the choice of dissonances in the first 00:50secs or so, they brought a neat sense of anticipation as to what the destination would end up being. It was so well done that I felt the end like a slap in the face! Finsish! Finish!

I\'m a clarinet player primarily, very nicely done! Makes me wanna lay off the VSL a bit and pick mine up for that stuff again. Out of curiosity, did you write with pen and paper or sampled clarinet first? Or did you write \"around\" a clarinet part after establishing some basics?

I enjoyed this [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    mike

Beautiful

MalteRathke >>did you had to do much postprocessing in Kontakt after converting from giga??

I did the major reprogramming, so that I can use it more effectively. It was easily done though, since editor of Kontakt is really easy to use. As King wrote in the other thread, new version of Kontakt has much more accurate conversion function. So, it should not be the problem.

MichaelAngelo450 >>Out of curiosity, did you write with pen and paper or sampled clarinet first? Or did you write \"around\" a clarinet part after establishing some basics?

I wrote a 3-track midi sketch first, so that the decision-maker could listen to it. Then I orchestrated it, and I recorded a clarinet looking at the sketch notation of Cubase SX.

I really enjoyed your use of dissonance to mark changes which was a much welcome difference from your other works. Congratulations! I really liked this!

Very Nice Kentaro as allways!!,
    D.M

Ken-P,

Wonderful melody and clarient playing. I don\'t remember your website saying anything about playing the clarient.

Also, good command of VSL - which I think the trem strings can be tricky to work with from other demos I\'ve heard.

I\'m always amazed at how well real instruments blend so well with syth sounds. Wondering if processing (eq/reverb) on the samples is different when incorporating real instruments to make real/synth sound equal?

Go Back to forum