• Register
  • Help

Topic: What do you think of NI Elektric Piano?

Share/Bookmark

What do you think of NI Elektric Piano?

Native Instruments has announced a new product: Elektric Piano. Apparently, it\'s combination of samples, a sample engine and typical vintage keyboard fx. The website doens\'t say much of the size of the samples, but there are some demo\'s!

Judging from these demos, Scarbee doesn\'t have to be scarred; it\'s not thàt good.
    What do you think?

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?elektrikpiano_us

Re: What do you think of NI Elektric Piano?

Agreed. If those demos represent the full capabilities of the instrument (which I doubt...) then I\'m happy to say there\'s one thing I don\'t want to buy this year! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/Mattias

I played it a bit at the Frankfurt booth and I agree that Thomas is certainly still king of the road (rhodes?). It\'s not quite like the B-4 was to organ sounds.

In fact, I was quite suprised that the NI presenter told me he thought the Scarbee stuff was much better too!

This one is clearly aimed at a different market. lower price, etc.....at least from what I played.

spectrum

Originally posted by spectrum:
    I played it a bit at the Frankfurt booth and I agree that Thomas is certainly still king of the road (rhodes?). It\'s not quite like the B-4 was to organ sounds.

In fact, I was quite suprised that the NI presenter told me he thought the Scarbee stuff was much better too!

This one is clearly aimed at a different market. lower price, etc.....at least from what I played.

spectrum
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Eric,

Could sound like it\'s aimed for another market yes.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I can also say that the D6-C (clav) will be very different than NI too - but also more expensive offcourse [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Stay tuned for some demos soon..

The Clav on the version at the NI booth seemed to be very limited, with not very many settings sampled like you are doing. I think they did an E6 clav only.

No way this part of it will be better than your clav or the Emagic modeled clav (which is also an amazing instrument)

spectrum

Go Back to forum