• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXS24 Bosendorfer Imperial Concert Grand Piano "24 Bit"

Share/Bookmark

EXS24 Bosendorfer Imperial Concert Grand Piano "24 Bit"

We will be releasing the EXS24 Bosendorfer Imperial the first of next week,
    which is the only 24 bit sampled piano in the world!

With the current version of EXS24 version 5, triggering a different group of
    pedal down samples with the sustain pedal controller is not currently
    supported, but will be in a few weeks with the release of Logic/EXS24 version 5.2. The
    release samples will be supported in a few weeks following the release of
    version 5.2 with a subsequent upgrade that Apple/Emagic will be releasing
    shortly thereafter.

With the purchase of the Bosendorfer Imperial in EXS24 format, all of the
    samples are included... pedal up, pedal down, and release samples, with
    four velocity layers of each, and all notes sampled with no pitch shifting of
    any samples. With version 5.0, you will currently only be able to access the
    pedal up samples, but you will have the other pedal down and release samples
    sitting on your computer ready to go with the release of version 5.2, which will support triggering a different group of pedal down samples with the sustain controller, and
    you will have the release samples working with the subsequent EXS24 upgrade
    which will follow a few weeks later. The anticipated release date for Logic/EXS24 version 5.2 is August 1, 2002.

As these upgrades are released, I will send customers the upgraded EXS24 file for
    this piano, which will activate these other pedal down and release samples that you will have
    sitting on your computer. These EXS24 file upgrades are just a few
    kilobytes in size and therefore will be attached to an email sent to customers.
    The upgrade is just a simple matter of dropping this small upgraded EXS24 file
    into your EXS instrument folder.

The price on this new 24 bit EXS24 Bosendorfer Imperial is $199.00.

For Giga users who have purchased the Bosendorfer Imperial in Giga format and are interested in having the 24 bit EXS24 version, a reasonable cross-grade plan is available.

For mp3 demos, user comments, and further information, go to www.bardstownaudio.com

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: EXS24 Bosendorfer Imperial Concert Grand Piano "24 Bit"

Just to clarify, this new product you\'re advertising on the GigaStudio Sample libraries forum is not Gigastudio compatible? Not trying to be a smart , just confused.

Originally posted by Munsie:
    Just to clarify, this new product you\'re advertising on the GigaStudio Sample libraries forum is not Gigastudio compatible? Not trying to be a smart , just confused.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There are quiet a few Emagic EXS24 users who come onto this forum in order to learn about sampled instrument libraries, but never post any replies.

Giga is a great sampling platform, but there are other computer software based sampling platforms that are most worthwhile as well. As musicians and music producers, we should never close our minds to other worthwhile sampling options.

Regarding Apple/Emagic/EXS24, there are some PC users who are not very happy with recent events of the acquisition of Emagic by Apple, and discontinuing PC platform support in September.

I would not be too quick in writing off Apple/Emagic. Over the next several months, I believe we are going to see some rather amazing audio production systems resulting from this acquisition.

A year and a half ago Apple released \"Final Cut Pro,\" which is a host-based video editing solution on the Macintosh platform. With this $995.00 piece of software and a $3,000 Apple/Macintosh G4 dual gig processor computer, you have a system that blows away a $40,000 Avid video editing system, which is a PCI card hardware based system.

As a contender for a similar PCI card hardware based system for audio, you have a Digidesign Pro Tools HD TDM system for $25,000 plus.

With Apple/Macintosh now owning Emagic and Samplitude, with Emagic previously acquiring Samplitude a few months ago, you now have a company that owns the very best technology in the world for audio solutions.

I venture to say that in a few months, Apple/Emagic/Samplitude will be coming out with a Macintosh host-based software system in the thousand dollar range that will run on a fast Macintosh computer, which will blow away a $30,000 Digidesign Pro Tools HD TDM system.

As a result, I believe we are all going to benefit from this by having the best professional audio system in the world, which will be affordable for everyone.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

I hope you\'re right Kip, I really do \'cos I love the Mac. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Although, you\'re saying that Emagic will bring out something that knocks Pro Tools off the top slot - but that is also Mac of course. Is the pc not even in the competition?

Originally posted by Hasen:
    I hope you\'re right Kip, I really do \'cos I love the Mac. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Although, you\'re saying that Emagic will bring out something that knocks Pro Tools off the top slot - but that is also Mac of course. Is the pc not even in the competition?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hello Hasen,

I tend to think that it will be \"Mac\" only, considering that Apple has acquired Emagic, and also Samplitude, which is under Emagic. Also, there is much that can be done with the altivec processor which is only found in the Mac G4\'s. The altivec processor is very useful for running very heavy duty and high quality plug-ins, such as Audio Ease\'s \"Altiverb.\" This sort of technology does not currently exist on a PC.

These are just my own personal thoughts.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

A year and a half ago Apple released \"Final Cut Pro,\" which is a host-based video editing solution on the Macintosh platform. With this $995.00 piece of software and a $3,000 Apple/Macintosh G4 dual gig processor computer, you have a system that blows away a $40,000 Avid video editing system, which is a PCI card hardware based system.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I like FCP, which is quite an admission from a PC guy. However, it would be remiss to not mention that an $800 PC will do the same, faster, and with free (open source) software if you desire.

Pro Tools hasn\'t been the best solution, technically, for some time. Its persistence is due to its ubiquity in professional studios -- even among hardware-based systems, there\'s decent competition (e.g. Paris).

Also, there is much that can be done with the altivec processor which is only found in the Mac G4\'s. The altivec processor is very useful for running very heavy duty and high quality plug-ins, such as Audio Ease\'s \"Altiverb.\" This sort of technology does not currently exist on a PC.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Please post a sample of Altivec code and benchmark times for your dual G4. I\'ll port an equivalent x86 function, and post benchmark times on my dual Athlon XP (or dual Prestonia at work if I wanna be cruel...still cost less than half of a PowerMac). Shall we entertain a friendly wager on the winner?

Hi Richard,

As I had mentioned in my previous posting on this discussion topic regarding Apple computers, I said \"these are just my thoughts and opinions.\"

I am certainly not an expert when it comes to computer processors. What I had based my opinion on was a statement from \"Audio Ease,\" who states that \"Altiverb\" will only run on the \"altivec\" processor, which is only found in a G4 Macintosh.

It has been well over a year and a half since Apple has released their latest generation of \"G4\" computers. It is quiet possible that Apple will be releasing a new generation of \"G5\" computers in the near future.

It is quiet a radical move that Apple has acquired Emagic. I have serious doubts that this acquisition was done on a whim. I am sure that this acquisition was very carefully thought out and planned by Apple, and that they obviously must have some very serious plans for audio and midi applications on the Macintosh platform.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum