• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VS Brass Demo

Share/Bookmark

VS Brass Demo

I\'m only going to leave this up for a day or so because I don\'t have much room left on my site. Anyway, here\'s a quick demo...some evil trombones and some double and triple-tongue french horns. 16 velocity layers on the french horn tonguing. Again, it\'s quick, but it\'s just to give you an idea of the progress. A LOT more to come....still have to finish all the staccato layers of the trumpets, bones, etc, not to mention the mutes! UGH...
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/EvilCastleM.mp3
    And since this piece was once sent to me as the benchmark of pure unadulterated \"over-blasted\" french horns, I figured I\'d take a quick stab at how the ones I\'m working on would sound. (sorry about the lame woodwinds....I have not even started on those yet)
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/6HornsM.mp3

Re: VS Brass Demo

Very Cool, Kirk.

Since I\'ve gotten Giga, I\'ve held off on the Brass Libraries because the demos never quite grabbed me. That\'s changed in the last few months, and your library sounds like it will definitely be among the contenders.

Good luck with the final stages.

And since this piece was once sent to me as the benchmark of pure unadulterated \"over-blasted\" french horns, I figured I\'d take a quick stab at how the ones I\'m working on would sound. (sorry about the lame woodwinds....I have not even started on those yet)
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/6HornsM.mp3

That sounded great Kirk...

Maybe you could show how your bones would sound in a StarWars piece ? (Vader\'s Theme)

\"woodwinds....I have not even started on those yet\"

Woodwinds? You are going to do woodwinds! Yes! Life is good.
    The brass is sounding really good...

Yup.. I\'m going to do woodwinds too.

Darth Vader\'s theme? Don\'t know that piece.. Send me a link or a snip.. I\'ll see how I measure up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by KirkHunter:
    Darth Vader\'s theme? Don\'t know that piece.. Send me a link or a snip.. I\'ll see how I measure up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Heh, It´s the same piece as the \"imperial theme\" from Star Wars [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
    You can find a midi file at

http://www.fallenjedi.com/sounds/impmarch.mid

The demos sound great.. looking forward to the finished product!

Thanks for the link Paul. UGH, know anywhere where I can hear the actual score for that theme?. MIDI files sound really crummy on my ti-book. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hmm, the best I can find right now is

http://cdnow.com/switch/from=sr-532933/target=buyweb_purchase/ddcn=SD-9027+68773+2

(Disc2, --> \"The Imperial March (Darth Vader\'s Theme\")

It´s only a bad sample of the theme in real audio format and requires realplayer, but the actual piece can be found on any star wars score [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If someone wants to post a link to a better sample, feel free to do it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Kirk

Thanks for the heads up on the woodwinds. i think you are onto something great.

I also have some questions on the Kirk Hunter II Strings

Go Back to forum