• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prosonus Update

Share/Bookmark

Prosonus Update

For those Prosonus owners who downloaded the recent update and wondered, as I did, why .art files were not included for all of the instruments, I have the answer.

Scott, at BFA Customer Service, says the retuning effort was complete but in the rush to get the update out, they did not zip in all of the .art files.

So - there you have it.

Re: Prosonus Update

Craig,

I\'m pretty sure that wasn\'t the case, because Donnie himself confirmed here that the update was so much work that he decided to split it in 2 or more sessions.

As a matter of fact, from Donnie\'s comments it doesn\'t seem that ALL instruments are getting updated, but just those which exhibit the worse tuning problems. I might be wrong here anyway, so if I am let me know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also, there\'s a big problem in one of the Flute Sus samples, and Donnie was taking care of that as well. I\'m sure he\'ll let us know when he gets around doing it. Apparently he\'s busy right now working on his Solo Strings, or so I heard [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ruben

Ruben,
    I must have missed the two-part+ update mentioned by Donnie.

I contacted BFA again because of the Cello Section did not get an update, which I believe it needs. Then Customer Service said I must be mistaken as ALL instruments have been retuned. They then realized that the update was incomplete and wrote me the following (I assume they will not mind me sharing this):
    \"... Well, I\'m not sure how all that slipped through the cracks. My guess is we rushed so hard to get the update posted, we didn\'t QC quite to our normal standards. From what I understand, the work is done, just some of the .art files didn\'t make it in the post. We will let you know as soon as they are up.\"

BTW, I found Donnie\'s reference to multiple updates - I think?

\"July 7 - Those few solo instruments you mentioned will be up tom. I just looked over them in the first batch.....Man, that was a lot of instruments to do!! \"

There has only been one update so far.

Apparently he\'s busy right now working on his Solo Strings, or so I heard [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No doubt that Donnie is a busy guy.

Patiently waiting,

Craig,

Sorry for the delay responding but I\'ve been out of town doing the drum corps thing and now I\'m all sun burned!!

To answer your question yes it was partly a mistake and partly planned. There are a few instruments that did not get updated last time but they ARE going to be. It is my plan to do them this week. Thanks for being so patient.

Sincerely,

Donnie

PS...these solo strings are going to absolutely ROCK!!!

Thanks Donnie.

Please post a notice here when you get the other updates done.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by donnie:
    Craig,
    Sorry for the delay responding but I\'ve been out of town doing the drum corps thing and now I\'m all sun burned!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No problem. Take your time.

I have tickets for all 3 days of Drum Corp International finals in Madison (my home town) and can\'t wait! Unfortunately, my corp, the Madison Scouts, is having a bad year. How about Drum and Bugle Corp brass samples! LOUD and LOUDER. I know you already have the percussion.

Thanks for getting back,

When using the available updates has anyone
    gotten the alert that the wave pools do not match. All the art files I have tried tell me that anywhere from 18 to 58% of the samples match.

Thanks

Originally posted by csduke:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by donnie:
    Craig,
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No problem. Take your time.

I have tickets for all 3 days of Drum Corp International finals in Madison (my home town) and can\'t wait! Unfortunately, my corp, the Madison Scouts, is having a bad year. How about Drum and Bugle Corp brass samples! LOUD and LOUDER. I know you already have the percussion.

Thanks for getting back,
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No kidding! I just got back a few days ago from hanging with SCV. One of my good friends is the percussion caption head. As a matter of fact I\'m going up to Murfresboro this weekend.

And yes, it doesn\'t look good for the Scouts this year. I don\'t even think they\'ll make top 12!
    [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Have you seen the recaps? It\'s all the color guards fault! ouch!

dc

Originally posted by scf3:
    tell me that anywhere from 18 to 58% of the samples match.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s what happened with me. I installed the art files and everything seems to be ok. Some of instruments like bass trombone are really improved.

But I wonder anyway about this message...

Go Back to forum