• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some of my music

Share/Bookmark

Re: Some of my music

Good somber feel. I loved the pno interlacing. What verb did you use?

Keep posting.

Hey, did you use GOS? And what\'d you use for those deep bass drum hits? Like Damon said, very moody piece.

Thanks for the feedback and compliments, its really appreciated!

\"Definitely Thomas Newman comes to mind\"

Actually I was thinking it sounded like a very dark ER score, but I love Thomas Newmans music so thanks!

\"I used those exact same 2 sounds from Distorted Reality in 2 of my demos (niterail and oil can bow).\"

The Oil Can metal sounds in Distorted Reality seem very popular in film music I find.

\"Good somber feel. I loved the piano interlacing. What verb did you use?\"

Im glad you like the piano. I had an SB live soundcard when I made this (dont laugh) and I used one of the reverb sounds called \"Dream Scape\". Now Im using Gigastudio 96 (I used to use Gigsampler 64) so i now use the reverb that comes with that. I am looking to buy a good hardware verb in a few weeks.

\"Hey, did you use GOS? And what\'d you use for those deep bass drum hits? Like Damon said, very moody piece.\"

I want to save up for GOS because it sounds amazing, so no I didnt use it here [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . This is the first track I made when I got Advanced Orchestra. I think I only use strings and the timpani in this track from AO. Distorted Reality 1 and 2 and were used heavily in this track as anyone that has used these collections will probably gather. I used the excellent bowed guitar from Bizarre Guitar in the middle with GigaPiano. The two big drums are from Dr1 in the \'AmbDrum\' patch. The tiny booms near the start come from Dr2 in the \'perc\' section under \'boomers\'. You can hear a small sample from the boys choir from Symphony of voices in the middle if you listen hard enough

I must confess I have dont know where the \"sweep\" effect sound used at 1 min 33 secs comes from. I pulled it off a recording I have that had a very quiet moment. I am still searching my *** off for the origins of this \"sweep\" effect as I have heard many many film composers use it. I think its from Sonic Images from Qu-parts. Does anyone know for sure? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Hope I didnt offend anyone telling you that. Its not as if Im trying to get away with it or anything, I want to find out where it comes from. Hope someone knows, then I can buy the damn thing. Thats the only part I did it with, so please no flames... thanks. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Ed

Some of my music

A few days ago i posted about nearly finishing a track, this is not it but I would like to know what people think of this other one. Its just slow short ....thing...

My Music

There are a couple of pops in the middle (yeah thanks Cubase) but I am working on fixing that up, but its not supposed to be there. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!
    Ed

Very nice and moody Ed. Definitely Thomas Newman comes to mind [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    I used those exact same 2 sounds from Distorted Reality in 2 of my demos (niterail and oil can bow).

Keep posting more!

D

Go Back to forum