• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does Alejandro Amenabar piss anyone else off?

Share/Bookmark

Does Alejandro Amenabar piss anyone else off?

That is guy 29 has written and directed two feature length films (Obre Los Ojos and The Others) and scored the entirety of both.

And he is not a hack like John Carpenter.

Re: Does Alejandro Amenabar piss anyone else off?

yah, he pisses me off too. and yah he\'s good. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Wacky:
    That is guy 29 has written and directed two feature length films (Obre Los Ojos and The Others) and scored the entirety of both.

And he is not a hack like John Carpenter.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi,

Actually, he has directed 3 feature films, his first being Thesis (Tesis in Spanish). Perhaps my favourite of the three as well. This was in 1996, when the guy was 23. And he scored the movie as well.Plus he conceived the story, wrote the script, directed, and whatever else! When I saw the movie in Spain the week that it opened, I was pretty darn impressed and, well, kind of pissed too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ruben

He doesnt piss me off. I think he is a great composer and director. I loved the score to \"The Others\". The movie was cool to. A very talented individual! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw, on imdb.com, Amenabar is also credited with writing \"The Others\".

He had atleast three orchestrators working with him on \"The Others\" so even the super multitalented need a bit of help [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As a director/writer he is in the league of younger auteurs like Christopher Nolan, M. Night Shyamalan and Guillermo del Toro. These are guys that make watching new films exciting again.. to me atleast..

Speaking of envy, how would you have liked to grow up in this family:

Thomas Newman is the youngest son of Alfred Newman, the legendary composer, conductor and music director. His uncles were Lionel and Emil, also composers and conductors, Mark, one of the premiere film composer agents, and Robert, who was a vice-president at Goldwyn. Currently working as film composers are his brother David (Anastasia, Heathers, The Phantom, Operation Dumbo Drop) and his cousin Randy (Toy Story, The Natural, A Bug\'s Life, Meet the Parents, Awakenings), who is one of the best known singer-songwriters of our times as well. Thomas also has a sister, Maria, who is an acclaimed concert violinist and violist and is credited on a.o. The Rapture, The Player and Fried Green Tomatoes as concert-mistress. Thomas Newman lives in Los Angeles with his wife Ann Marie and their children.

Originally posted by csduke:
    Speaking of envy, how would you have liked to grow up in this family:

Thomas Newman is the youngest son of Alfred Newman, the legendary composer, conductor and music director. His uncles were Lionel and Emil, also composers and conductors, Mark, one of the premiere film composer agents, and Robert, who was a vice-president at Goldwyn. Currently working as film composers are his brother David (Anastasia, Heathers, The Phantom, Operation Dumbo Drop) and his cousin Randy (Toy Story, The Natural, A Bug\'s Life, Meet the Parents, Awakenings), who is one of the best known singer-songwriters of our times as well. Thomas also has a sister, Maria, who is an acclaimed concert violinist and violist and is credited on a.o. The Rapture, The Player and Fried Green Tomatoes as concert-mistress. Thomas Newman lives in Los Angeles with his wife Ann Marie and their children.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Craig,

I really didn\'t know that, and it makes me feel sick [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Just kidding...I can picture a family reunion, and the dad goes to the crapper. When he comes back he informs the family that he composed a symphony while he was in the can, and everybody bursts in perfectly intoned and tempoed applause, fading to the sound of the fanfare of celestial harp and horns played by the service. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ruben

Go Back to forum