• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Halion out (fixed FX teleport issue!)

Share/Bookmark

New Halion out (fixed FX teleport issue!)

Just noticed this on Steinberg\'s site. Using Halion on a remote machine has been a stumbling block for me since it did not get along well with FX teleport...

I haven\'t tested it, but according to the release notes, the issue has been resolved along with lots of other fixes and new features.

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum27/HTML/000024.html

Re: New Halion out (fixed FX teleport issue!)

Originally posted by sporter:
    Just noticed this on Steinberg\'s site. Using Halion on a remote machine has been a stumbling block for me since it did not get along well with FX teleport...

I haven\'t tested it, but according to the release notes, the issue has been resolved along with lots of other fixes and new features.

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum27/HTML/000024.html
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is like 3 month old news. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Well if you dare brave public betas.

Originally posted by Lazul:
    This is like 3 month old news. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Well if you dare brave public betas.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, this is a follow on to the release that came out a few weeks ago, which came after a public beta. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The good news is that they\'re churn out the point releases. A cynic would say that the bad news is that they need to... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] As anyone who reads here knows, I\'m a big fan of HALion, so any and all improvements are welcome, especially if it means wider adoption and more development for native libraries.

I\'ve run it through the paces and it seems to hold up under standard use on a PC (as a VST in Cubase and Nuendo), but I\'ve not used it with FXT.

Originally posted by Houston Haynes:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Lazul:
    This is like 3 month old news. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Well if you dare brave public betas.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, this is a follow on to the release that came out a few weeks ago, which came after a public beta. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, and surprisingly a lot of new features and fixes...especially considering it\'s out only a couple of weeks following the other big release. This is not old news at all, it\'s a nice surprise. It is so close to ther other release that people might be confused and think it\'s the other new release. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ll never understand Steinberg...but I\'m beginning to appreciate Halion more and more.

Originally posted by sporter:
    I\'ll never understand Steinberg...but I\'m beginning to appreciate Halion more and more.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ain\'t it the truth. I stopped using Halion for new projects, in spite of my deep affection for it simply because Steinberg treats it like some crap foster-child rather than the powerhouse it is. I mean: if -they- won\'t promote their children, why should -I-?

I started using Kontakt and am happier simply because there are so many more libs available.

And at the end of the day, what -is- a sampler without oodles of content?

It\'s -the- classic philosophical argument in software.

Go Back to forum