• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmospheric piece with GPO & Spiritual voices

Share/Bookmark

Atmospheric piece with GPO & Spiritual voices

Here\'s a rhythmic atmospheric piece I\'ve been working on that uses the GPO solo oboe and bassoon, and Spiritual Voices (among many other samples).

http://www.cdsol.com/cdsol/downloads/starbirth_meditator.mp3

-- Martin

Re: Atmospheric piece with GPO & Spiritual voices

Martin,

26 smiles from my first graders @2:02pm EST..

They loved it!!

Alan Russell

Alan,

You\'ve made my day. Thanks so much!

-- Martin

Martin, are those Tibetan Monks at the top? I\'ve been looking for some non-felonious Monks for awhile now (to say nothing of a chance to use that pun!)

Gorgeous work.

Dasher

Thanks Dasher.

No monks in this one. At the beginning, it is just didgeridoo, oboe and bassoon.

It was a felonius didgeridoo though. It\'s on probation.

Actually, it\'s a very cool instrument called a \"Didgebox\". This is a new model called the \"Meditator\" (hence the name of the song). I wrote the song as a demo for the guy (Marko Johnson) who makes them. http://www.didgebox.com

They are only 13\" long, but play a note as low as a standard didge that is over 5 feet long. He uses baffles inside the box to get the length.

-- Martin

You\'ve been kind enough to comment on my works, now it\'s my time to return the favor. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Really very powerful work martin. Now this is what I call droning. GPO sounds very good too! I also enjoyed the ethnic vocals. It\'s great to see non orchestral mixes.

What kind of sound is it that appears at 4:48. It sounds like an ethnic flute or horn?

Cool stuff!

Thanks for listening and for the kind words. The sound you hear around 4:50 is the GPO solo bassoon 1.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum