• Register
  • Help

Topic: VOTA + Keith Emerson's Piano Concerto

Share/Bookmark

VOTA + Keith Emerson\'s Piano Concerto

VOTA + Keith Emerson\'s Piano Concerto

Here\'s my first VOTA effort. A high-intensity reconstruction of Keith Emerson\'s Piano Concerto No. 1 - Third Movement, as realized on a bank of synths, drums, and VOTA. In continuing the tradition of Keith Emerson adapting so many classical pieces, I\'m adapting a modern hi-tech version of his orchestral work.

I\'ve been thinking about tackling this for some time, and hearing/buying VOTA gave me the final inspiration to do this. This is the choir sound I was hearing in my mind when I was initially thinking of this project.

Enjoy! Let me know if this is crazy or not. I\'m having a blast working on it.

http://www.BrainFeverMusic.com/ToccataConFuoco_BrainFeverMusic.mp3 (2.29 MB file)
    (An adaptation of Keith Emerson\'s Piano Concerto No.1 - Third Movement)

Re: VOTA + Keith Emerson\'s Piano Concerto

!\"£%^!\"£%! Wow!
    What a fantastic idea!!! I can\'t wait to get back on my broadband connection and download this!!!

Tarkus

James,

Very fresh view of the piece. I like it.

Regarding VoTa. Allow me to suggest a couple of things. Make the choir more imperfect - rythmically. Imagine if you had 80 people singing \'this version\' on how they would sound. Also, for grins, try a little \'word sculpting\' with Nuno\'s ultility. The consonants (be sure to send them to a different track for careful mixing) should give the choir a new dimension.

Again, neato arrangement. Hope this helps.

Great James! Being a die hard KE/ELP fan, its
    good to hear a personal interpretation of
    the piano concerto. You really caught the original drive of the Toccato.
    What\'s the synth thing going on especially in the mid-section (from 1:00)? Anyway - now I can\'t get the tune out of my head - so do you intend to complete the piece?

I wonder if any of you know the Inferno soundtrack? I had on vinyl once, but sold
    all my records and made the blunder of believing
    that I could get it on CD. There\'s a track with
    choir very suitable for VOTA - Latum Tenebrarum
    or something latin.

Bjarne

Originally posted by Sapkiller:
    Great James! Being a die hard KE/ELP fan, its
    good to hear a personal interpretation of
    the piano concerto. You really caught the original drive of the Toccato.
    What\'s the synth thing going on especially in the mid-section (from 1:00)? Anyway - now I can\'t get the tune out of my head - so do you intend to complete the piece?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks! The synth sounds are mix of a Triton, Twisted Textures and Distorted Reality2. Not sure if I want to do more of the piece. I wanted to capture the main driving parts, and the rest doesn\'t quite fit this driving mood I\'m going for - i.e. half-speed big chords, happier melodies, etc.
    -James

Listened to this last night. A superb piece of work - hadn\'t considered a modern reworking, but it really works. I\'d like to hear more sustained choir parts but that\'s just my $0.02. Excellent!

You should send a copy to Keith\'s management!

Go Back to forum