• Register
  • Help

Topic: I need a sound library ...

Share/Bookmark

I need a sound library ...

I\'d like to invest in a sound library that I could run to Gigastudio inside of Protools. I\'m reading with great interest about Garriton, Vienna Orchestra, etc.

AND the Akai Z8 sampler I have wants to read \"Dot Wave / Native File\" format, I am told.

Is there any issue here? Is the format that Akai wants a standard format that will work fine for both GS and for downloading int my hardware sampler?

ALSO, my guy at Akai tells me that Protools adds \"something extra\" to sounds that are edited & saved as Wav files. That this is sometimes a problem.

Anybody have experience with that?

Re: I need a sound library ...

\"I\'d like to invest in a sound library that I could run to Gigastudio inside of Protools\"

I don\'t think you can run Gigastudio \'inside\' of ProTools, but it may be possible to run it on the same machine as the PC version.

\"I\'m reading with great interest about Garriton, Vienna Orchestra, etc.\"

They are popular and respected libraries, but priced at opposite ends of the market. Perhaps if you can be more specific about your budget or requirements, others here can help \'narrow the field\' for you.

\"AND the Akai Z8 sampler I have wants to read \"Dot Wave / Native File\" format, I am told.\"

No problem. Gigastudio has an Akai converter which will convert certain versions of Akai library into native Gigastudio files. Gigastudio also uses .wav files as its basic form of \'sample currency\' when building a patch. If you need to convert more exotic formats, Translator, CDxtract and Awave are 3rd party converters which all have different strengths.

Re: I need a sound library ...

Hey Clark,

I\'ve PMed you a couple of useful infos. To read them look at the Post A Reply heading, and undeneath that is a topic called \"my profile\" click on that to read the private messages I have sent!

Ben H

Go Back to forum