• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BoB - French Horn Demo Available

Share/Bookmark

BoB - French Horn Demo Available

Hi list.

As I promised I would make a demo of our French Horn available. You can now get it from Worra\'s Place.
    It\'s a full version of the \"normal\" multivelocity French Horn. On the complete CD there\'s of course more material. You can check out the complete collection at Bigga Giggas.

I would love to hear what you think about these horn!

Best

Re: BoB - French Horn Demo Available

Thanks Worra [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Worra,

I\'m having trouble downloading large files from your server, it always just quit the download process even though I\'ve only downloaded less than 100% of the file.

Can you configure your server so it will be possible to use Getright so I can resume if this happens?

Btw. I\'ve manage to download some samples and they were Great! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

sincerely,
    Falcon1

Ps. Does someone here experience this same problem or is it just me?

Thanks Worra. Your site rocks!! It´s been really helpful to me in the past but I just never had the chance to thank you [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . And yeah, the horn sounds really good for mp and pp stuff IMHO. I tweaked the attack time a little and it sounds really good.

falcon1, use Go!Zilla. It fixed the problems for me.

Thanks for the tip about Go!Zilla it worked!

Wow Worra, these are truly great horns. But tell me, does the BOB CD contains notes sustained longer? It was just 3-4 sec in this demo, how long is it on the CD?

sincerely,
    Falcon1

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Thanks for the tip about Go!Zilla it worked!

Wow Worra, these are truly great horns. But tell me, does the BOB CD contains notes sustained longer? It was just 3-4 sec in this demo, how long is it on the CD?

sincerely,
    Falcon1
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanx falcon. No the samples on the CD are this length. Normally, you don\'t ask a musician to hold a note longer then this, so what you do, is that you write in \"breathing moments\" in the score so that you don\'t end up with a wind section that has no lungs left... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Worra, I understand that but how can I do longer notes? With two tracks overlapping?

You know, it\'s ok to write in the score extreme lengthy notes but the musicians will breath even though it isn\'t written out in the score. They just minimize the breathing sound.

It just haven\'t been a \"problem\" in my midis because I\'m used to SB Live and soundfonts which are looped.

I see that now when I have the right tools to play my work realistic that I need to rethink my ideas of midi playback and start thinking like I have real people in my virtual orchestra. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sincerely,
    Falcon1

I\'m trying to d/l the BoB demo But to no avail. It bombs around 4Mb. Has anyone else had problems d/l\'ing the Bob French Horn demo?

Same here Worra, it stops at around 4.

Originally posted by Tokyo Joe:
    I\'m trying to d/l the BoB demo But to no avail. It bombs around 4Mb. Has anyone else had problems d/l\'ing the Bob French Horn demo?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve mailed the server providers about this problem. They usually respond very fast, and I\'ll let you know as soon I hear something.
    Try to use \"Godzilla\" or \"GetRight\" that lets you pick up on broken downloads.

Go Back to forum