• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which 61 key midi keyboard has the best 'quality feel'?

Share/Bookmark

Which 61 key midi keyboard has the best \'quality feel\'?

Hi all
    I\'m ready to spend some more money - this time on a Hammond B-4/Charlie based setup. I would really appreciate any recommendations for 61 note controllers. I\'m not looking for loads of features or knobs to twiddle, just a keyboard that feels full of build quality, smoothness, accuracy and depth. The manufacturer \'Roland\' springs to mind, but I don\'t think they\'re currently making one.
    Anyone?
    Thanks!
    PS Also looking for recommendations on a pedalboard to play heel and toe stuff.
    Cheers!

Re: Which 61 key midi keyboard has the best \'quality feel\'?

PPS Not really looking for fully weighted, more non-weighted or synth/half weighted.

My Ensoniq TS-10, hands down, has the very best nonweighted 61-key action I\'ve ever played. I don\'t like any of the newer crop any better - I\'m probably too used to it. Plus, it has poly aftertouch, which is way cool.

They\'ll get it when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers. Whoever \"they\" are, anyway.

--Eric

Poly aftertouch is wonderful - brings back memories of the Yamaha CS80 and Vangelis back catalogue. But, is the TS-10 still available? There doesn\'t seem to be much competition/technical progress in the controller area at the moment. Odd really, when you consider the popularity of virtual/computer based instruments.

I so wish that one day I will run into an unopened Yamaha CS80 box. I don\'t want the plug, I want the furniture!

Although I now primarily use a Fatar SL-880, after nearly 20 years I still find my old DX7 keyboard to be the most responsive and reliable \"synthy\" keyboard I\'ve ever used. They were built like tanks!

Go Back to forum