• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius w/Kontakt Player Gold

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius w/Kontakt Player Gold

How good are the orchestral sounds that come with Sibelius, when ordered with the Gold version of the Kontakt Player?

I currently use GPO for most of my orchestral stuff, but I want to expand my library (for variety sake). I need to get a notation program anyways, so if I can get one that comes with sounds that are comparable in quality to my GPO sounds, then I will have killed two birds with one stone.

Re: Sibelius w/Kontakt Player Gold

Kontakt player sound isn\'t TOO BAD. but isn\'t as good as sample liblaries. So keep going with GOS. sibelius+KPG has lots of limitations when compare to sample liblaries...
    I hope this helps.
    For more information and mp3 with KPG, ceck www.sibelius.com

Kontakt Gold, as sold for Sibelius, is a sample library (not synthesized), but it\'s very limited compared to the higher-end stuff. The main advantage is that it\'s fully integrated with and nicely matched to Sibelius. The instruments load automatically, they play the dynamic markings correctly and so on. Once up and running, it\'s pretty fool-proof. Just add an instrument staff to the score and go.

For playing with counterpoint, making notation and ensuring that you didn\'t write any bloopers, you don\'t need the greatest sound set. K-Gold does what you need. But it won\'t match the performances that you can get from a GPO/EWQLSO/VSL/Mix-n-match soundset and a well driven sequencer.

If you want to streamline your notation work, then K-Gold is a good buy. If it\'s the performance that you\'re looking for, you want to save a buck and you don\'t mind manually matching your staves to your sound template, stick with GPO, export the MIDI from Sib to the sequencer, draw/play in the expression and enjoy the results.

Thanks for all your inputs.

I guess a relevant question would be: is Sibelius really a good notation program?

Originally posted by CadeBryant:

I guess a relevant question would be: is Sibelius really a good notation program?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes. It is easier than Finale, but it still has a learning curve.

Originally posted by peter269:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by CadeBryant:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes. It is easier than Finale, but it still has a learning curve. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I currently use Mozart Virtuoso. It\'s very basic and not nearly as powerful as Finale/etc., but it\'s inexpensive and has practically no learning curve at all. Unfortunately it doesn\'t support instrument plug-ins.

Go Back to forum