• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My First GigaStudio piece-- opinions??

Share/Bookmark

My First GigaStudio piece-- opinions??

Hi Everyone.

Well, after spending a few hours fiddling with my new system, I have finally kicked out something.

Check it out at: Blue\'s New Tunes. It\'s the first piece, called \"JUST FOR FUN\".

Remember, this is my first stab at the GS, so be kind! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The imaginary scene is that of a young black man running from a lynching mob in the deep South, circa 1950.

Thanks!!

Re: My First GigaStudio piece-- opinions??

Very cool Blue [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The only critique I could say is maybe boost the highs some.
    Other then that I liked the composition. I happen to be using that same exact flute phrase from Ethno World on a piece right now!
    I really liked that fast percussion and those brass hits. What are they from?

Damon

That was fun) I liked it!

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the comments! Damon, the percussion was from Ultimate Orchestral Percussion and a bunch of new ReCycle loops I just got for Cubase. The bass drums come from UOP, while the world beat loops in the background are running within Cubase.

The brass was a combination of my good ol\' Roland Orchestral Brass (can\'t beat it!) and Quantum Leap Brass.

I have to confess that I copied that last string gliss from a friend\'s demo piece (don\'t worry-- he knows about it and approves!). I also pulled a gliss from one of the new Mummy movie soundtracks (The Mummy Returns, I think).

Thanks so much for listening!

Nice work! I liked the closing section and the brass hits in particular.

Sounds terrific. What is the last \'choral\' type chord sample? Thanks for sharing your music.

Hi Rob.

That end choral work was from the library Symphony of Voices. It was called something like \"cluster fx\". I took several different ones and layered them so they all crescendo\'d at approximately the same moment.

Glad you liked it!

\"cluster fx\"?

Ha ha -- that sounds like a dirty word.

Originally posted by BlueScreen:
    Hi Rob.

That end choral work was from the library Symphony of Voices. It was called something like \"cluster fx\". I took several different ones and layered them so they all crescendo\'d at approximately the same moment.

Glad you liked it!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

I still find myself using the Boy\'s Choir in SOV - particuliarily the EE\'s vowel. That Library was a good value (still using after these few years.)

Hi Blue,

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Very clever subtle bending of tunes and melody (if you listen close).

Go Back to forum