• Register
  • Help

Topic: Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, Romance, 6. Pas de Trois

Share/Bookmark

Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, Romance, 6. Pas de Trois

And here is number 6 from the Grétry ballet Suite "La Rosière Républicaine": Pas de Trois. Not quite satisfying yet, but I'm still working on it. For the moment, this version can do.

Pas de Trois (and the other dances)

Enjoy the listen (and don't forget to comment...)

Max

Re: Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, Romance, 6. Pas de Trois

Thanks for the share Max! It is a nice piece. I don't know why, but like the other one you shared, it really brings a medieval renaissance feel to it, to my ears anyway. I like it. I am looking forward to hearing more of your work.

Regards,

Richard

Max, remember that when using a reverb everything around 6500-6800 hz will sound a bit too shrill (is this the word?) It hurt my ears. Lowering this a bit with an equalizer will help. The score says Oboe or Clarinet. It doubles the flutes for some parts at another octave, but mostly on the same. I noticed that when flutes and oboes are playing the same notes, the resulting frequency will become very unpleasant. It may only have to do with sampled instruments. The balance between those two is a very delicate process.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Max, remember that when using a reverb everything around 6500-6800 hz will sound a bit too shrill (is this the word?) It hurt my ears. Lowering this a bit with an equalizer will help. The score says Oboe or Clarinet. It doubles the flutes for some parts at another octave, but mostly on the same. I noticed that when flutes and oboes are playing the same notes, the resulting frequency will become very unpleasant. It may only have to do with sampled instruments. The balance between those two is a very delicate process.

Raymond
    Hi Raymond,

There are no oboes and clarinets in this version. I've skipped all the unnecessary doubles. And as I mentioned, the work is not finished. This one is so tough and stubborn. (The equalising is exactly the same for all the dances so far, I'm using a self-made chamber orchestra template). But you're right, the sound doesn't please me either. I'm in the middle of a struggle against self-conceited samples, unwilling to let them tame...

Max

Go Back to forum