• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why does Giga sort instruments reversed in QuickSound list ?

Share/Bookmark

Why does Giga sort instruments reversed in QuickSound list ?

This question has probably been asked before, so please don\'t blame me...

When I save new Giga files and let them be added to the QuickSound database, the QuickSound explorer shows the instruments inside the file (so in the [+] list) from last program to first, in reversed order!

Why is this? I heard this is also the case on other new libraries.

Bug?

Best,
    Maarten

Re: Why does Giga sort instruments reversed in QuickSound list ?

Anyone??

There have to be developers having the same problem.....

I cna confirm that for you with Dan\'s Brass Ensembles library. It\'s not a consistent thing. Some .gig files were in correct order while others were reversed. I think Dan is adding a note to the documentation about it.

It must be an ordinary Giga bug then.

Strange thing is it seems like a new bug, that wasn\'t there before with older libraries.

If all the preset lists are the same from instrument to instrument, why does it scramble some and not others? Is it size related? Maybe it has something to do with the editor version? We\'ve gone so far as to invert the instrument list (a grizzly task...), but then it is inverted in the editor and not in quicksound. It is kind of like the question, \"Is it closer to Seattle, or by bus?\"

DD

Hey Dan,

It invertes some and some not? Hmmm, I\'ve only seen newly saved patches that inverse here. I\'ve tried a newer Giga version (the beta one) but I think that version has the exact same editor version.

Inverting the instrument order in the editor... yeah I did that too, but ofcourse, if they later fix this bug it wouldn\'t be such a good idea. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Maarten

Shoot, it\'s closer by BUS!

Didn\'t you do the music to those commercials? (The wheels on the bus go round and round...)

There isn\'t any synchronization of the QS database and the files in a .gig file as shown in the Editor. The QS gets them two ways: one, by scanning the file and getting them in sequential order, or two with changes, it deletes and appends them, not necessarily according to sequential order.

The Editor lists them by Bank number and program number, which I believe QS doesn\'t care about.

Garth

Hi Garth,

OK, now I understand..its closer by bus.

Gee thanks,
    DD

If you force a full QS update, the intruments will be listed in numerical order.

Go Back to forum