• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 24 Bit Bardstown Accordions, Jazz Guitars, Tenor Banjos, Now Available In HALion

Share/Bookmark

24 Bit Bardstown Accordions, Jazz Guitars, Tenor Banjos, Now Available In HALion

Bardstown Audio is pleased to announce that the 24 bit sampler format versions of the Bardstown Audio \"Classic Accordions\" and \"Vintage Jazz Guitars And Tenor Banjos\" are now available in native HALion 2 format. The 24 bit packaged versions of all of Bardstown Audio\'s sampled instruments, which also include the \"Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290,\" now contain HALion 2, in addition to Kontakt/Kompakt and EXS24.

With the assistance of Pinkcanary and the most recent upgraded version of HALion 2.0.3.4, it was an easy task to very nicely program the release note off samples on the jazz guitars and tenor banjos, which superbly capture the sound of the finger coming off of the finger board. HALion 2 has superb programming features in order to very nicely implement this feature. On the Envelope/Filter page of HALion 2, the individual user can very easily adjust the percentage of release amount with the \"twist of a knob\" in order to suit individual taste and preferences.

HALion 2 is a major improvement over HALion 1 with its beautiful transparent audio playback engine plus easy to use programming controls for the average user, for things such as filters and release note off sample control. The newly added Waldorf filters in HALion 2 are most musical and transparent.

HALion 2 integrates very nicely into not only Steinberg\'s Cubase and Nuendo, but also into Sonar, Samplitude, and also into Logic and DP with VST wrappers. Personally I use HALion 2 in Logic with the FXPansion VST wrapper with great success, in addition to using Logic\'s EXS24 which is a great sampler as well.

Any of our customers who have previously purchased the 24 bit packaged versions of any of these instruments from Bardstown Audio can contact me and I will gladly provide them with the HALion .fxp files for those instruments as email attachments.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: 24 Bit Bardstown Accordions, Jazz Guitars, Tenor Banjos, Now Available In HALion

Kip,

<<Any of our customers who have previously purchased the 24 bit packaged versions of any of these instruments from Bardstown Audio can contact me and I will gladly provide them with the HALion .fxp files for those instruments as email attachments.>>

your customer support is incredible!

TIA

Alan Russell

Re: 24 Bit Bardstown Accordions, Jazz Guitars, Tenor Banjos, Now Available In HALion

Just upgraded to H2.034, and loaded these up. Very, very nice. I\'ve had some problems with the initial release of Halion 2, but the latest release seemed to have fixed my problems. The Bards libraries really sound good in 24 bit!

Alan and Sporter,

Thanks so much for your comments!

The latest HALion 2.0.3.4 is a very significant upgrade with many wonderful enhancements!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Kip,

hopefully my latest investment in Halion 2 will offer your Bardstown BOSE,Guitars and other samples a nice USER demo. I\'m thinkinbg here of doing \"Just Friends\" Would you be intersted in doing the final mix?

Get back ASAP

\"I hate termites\"

Alan Russell

I haven\'t said much in recent times. But I still like all of Kip\'s instruments and use them everyday!!! I use them in Kontakt.

Kip you got my interest in Halion 2. Is it possible to send program changes to it to change instruments, e.g., GM Wavetable - 128 instruments and assoicated drumkits? If it can I am more than interested. Currently I use Kontakt for my lead instruments and LiveSynth Pro (GM/GS/XG) for my accompaniment. Using one sampler would simplify my musical world!!!

Also do you set special prices for an \'old man\'?

Frank, I can answer that question for you. Halion can receive progam changes and it can also do it in a way that allows any sounding releases to complete. To ensure a totally seamless patch change you need to enable \'Always Preload\' for any program you\'re going to call. This needs to happen on a per program basis because if you were to preload all 128 slots in a Halion you run the risk of exhausting your ram. \'Always Preload\' allows the buffers for that program to be primed and ready to go. If you have reasonable gaps between patch changes then you don\'t need to even concern yourself about it.

Pink, thanks for stepping in and giving Frank good solid answers to his questions!

Frank, from one old man to another, I\'ll always treat you right! Great to hear from you again!

All the best,
    Kip

These are exciting times for Halion users. Developers are understanding the power of Halion - all SAM Brass, almost all pianos including Worra\'s White Grand, Scarbee, KH Strings, Diva, etc. I even hear rumors about VSL. It\'s about time.

And the latest Halion version imports Giga extremely well, if not perfectly!

Dear Kip,

that\'s great news!

Owning the \'classic\' 16 bit giga versions, how can / does one upgrade to native 24 bit Halion?

All the best, Robert

Go Back to forum