• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: PMI GRANDIOSO BOSENDORFER

Share/Bookmark

PMI GRANDIOSO BOSENDORFER

http://www.postmusicalinstruments.com/basishtml/piano%20comparison.html

The new library is in pre-release stage. I have to keep the specs and features secret until we release it.
    We are currently adding features, waiting for beta reports and hope to hear from you guys what you think.

We did a little comparison with other pianos using the Purgatory demo and a piece of Liszt.
    There are some dead links in the webpage, but you can find the Liszt demos here:
    http://members.lycos.nl/postpiano/demoL/
    and the Purgatory demos here:
    http://members.lycos.nl/postpiano/demoB/

have fun!

Michiel Post

www.postmusicalinstruments.com

Re: PMI GRANDIOSO BOSENDORFER

Post,

I have your Steinway and couldn\'t be more pleased. This looks to fill a \'brighter\' usuage well. I could not open the Bardstown Bosen though to compare.

All those who have Kips Bosen - let us know how you think these pianos compare.

Rob,

You can get the Bardstown Bosendorfer sample at their website (www.bardstownaudio.com).

-- Martin

Michiel,

This is an awesome sounding piano, but the low end seems kind of weak, like you used a low cut filter. Is that just because it is a pre-release version?

-- Martin

Since Michiel Post included the Bardstown Audio Bosendorfer Imperial Model 290 in his list of Purgatory Creek piano shoot out demos and his link did not seem to connect, I have gladly provided the link below.

This demo of the Bardstown Audio \"Bosendorfer Imperial\" Model 290 includes four velocity layers of pedal up, four velocity layers of pedal down, and release samples. A little bit of reverb was used in the processing of this demo.

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/shoot.mp3

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Excellent both of them.!!!

Since we are on this topic, it seems like there are too many Bosendorfer, Steinway samples to choose from. This is great to see so many varieties, yet the most favorite Yamaha Grand Pianos are in need!!!!. Kip please we all have adressed this, just look back on the discussions.

We are in need of Yamaha Grand Pianos and I know Kip you will have Baldwin coming, but Yamaha is the favorite in Studios, for New Age, Rock Pop, you name it. Why not suplly us with a Yamaha sometime.? ( I will buy the Baldwin by the way)

Also Nick Phoenix, recorded his new collection Orchestral, in the ambience of the hall. Well Why not sample a Piano that sounds exactly as if it was recorded in a studio. Even though this is claimed to have doe this way, we still have to tweak the piano to sound like it would in a studio.

Why not give us an out of the box solution, that sounds truly professional already like it would sound on cd. I would much rather have it sound like this and be playable than to tweak and program all the time. This is where Nick Phoenix has taken a step in the right direction on his new library.

I am but just giving you my wish list, and since so many others have a greatest wish for a Yamaha Grand Piano.

Raven

I\'m lost. I love but can\'t afford the Grandioso.

Is this a new instrument? Were the demos created with Mac-specific software?

I want them all, but if I can\'t have them all I\'ll take Michiel\'s new one. When will it be available?

Steve

I\'ve only just heard this on headphones, but my initial impression is that this could well be THE ONE. I\'ll have to give it a try on my Mackie 824s but as far as I can tell, this one has the brightness that I think was lacking from the Steinway. Can\'t wait!!!

To those of you who are thinking of buying the Post Bosendorfer when released........

If it\'s anything like the Grandioso Steinway, don\'t bother. I\'ve played the Grandioso Steinway and it is completely dead, I wouldn\'t jeopardize my credibility by using it on any of my recordings. Just compare the 2 Bosendorfers\' shootout MP3s and it\'s obvious that this upcoming Grandioso Bosendorfer will be just as unusable as the Grandioso Steinway. Anyone who has ears can easily tell even on a lousy MP3 that the Bardstown Audio Bos. kicks *** (AKA Post Bosendorfer).\"

Go Back to forum