• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The cat is out of the Bag

Share/Bookmark

The cat is out of the Bag

For those of you who are wondering whether EWQLSO is a one time thing or an ongoing commitment. See here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=001125

Re: The cat is out of the Bag

It\'s not your commitment that I question, it\'s the choice of app people are stuck using it on. Any chance of a gigastudio 3 version instead of the native instruments nightmare?
    -Hudson

The DFD engine is getting better with each update. Currently, I\'m having no problems.

Personally, i never want to use standalone samplers EVER again. Rewire or not, GS3 offers no real innovations. And thus far, it still does not exist. Come April, we\'ll see ....

Nightmares? Are you a mac user? Sure, it has been a bumpy road on Macs, but on PC i\'ve had NO problems with Kontakt/Kompakt.

I have no doubts that NI is working vigorously at ironing out these issues, considering a great deal of their future is riding on this technology.

OH ... and let us not forget the beast that was called Gigasampler .... it was a nightmare until Gigastudio.

Please keep with the NI/Kompakt interface focus. QLSO doesnt need GS3 features.

It\'s easy to assume that EW/QL\'s commitment to this technology is a great motivator for NI. And after browsing the latest EW catalogue, its safe to assume NI/EW is more of a partnership these days.

SWL

And cant WAIT for QLSO II -- Im sure it will be worth every penny.

Few off-the-cuff suggestions :::

- Piano/Harpsichord/Celeste

- Legato Sampling for solo instruments

- More effects

- Various Pizzicatos

- Solo trumpet backstage for us Mahler freaks [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

and lastly the same passion and enthusiasm that made version one so great!

Originally posted by SWL:
    The DFD engine is getting better with each update. Currently, I\'m having no problems.

Personally, i never want to use standalone samplers EVER again. Rewire or not, GS3 offers no real innovations. And thus far, it still does not exist. Come April, we\'ll see ....

Nightmares? Are you a mac user? Sure, it has been a bumpy road on Macs, but on PC i\'ve had NO problems with Kontakt/Kompakt.

I have no doubts that NI is working vigorously at ironing out these issues, considering a great deal of their future is riding on this technology.

OH ... and let us not forget the beast that was called Gigasampler .... it was a nightmare until Gigastudio.

Please keep with the NI/Kompakt interface focus. QLSO doesnt need GS3 features.

It\'s easy to assume that EW/QL\'s commitment to this technology is a great motivator for NI. And after browsing the latest EW catalogue, its safe to assume NI/EW is more of a partnership these days.

SWL

And cant WAIT for QLSO II -- Im sure it will be worth every penny.

Few off-the-cuff suggestions :::

- Piano/Harpsichord/Celeste

- Legato Sampling for solo instruments

- More effects

- Various Pizzicatos

- Solo trumpet backstage for us Mahler freaks [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

and lastly the same passion and enthusiasm that made version one so great!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Finally a voice of reason.
    I mean that. Kontakt works very well on a well tuned PC. Bravo for QLSO 2!!! How about considering some \"original instruments\" :
    Harpsicord, Oboe d\'amour,Viola de gamba. I think that would set QLSO apart even more...Happy about the good news. Rich

A good celeste most definitely. Also some repeated string notes, runs and a wide range of brass mutes would be great. Would a VSL type legato work with the release trails?.

Its good to know the whole project is going into stage two.

Originally posted by T Parks:
    Would a VSL type legato work with the release trails?.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Apparently not, thats the the point. Thats the trade off.

Ed

So is RI2 on hold then?

Ben H

RI2 is being developed right now and will probably have a fall release! That is unless I am not happy with the way some of it turns out. Standards being so high these days. Then it might be more like a NAMM release.

So we are hoping for:

Symphonic Orchestra Expanded
    VotA 2
    Rare Instruments 2

all by NAMM 2006
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

and Hardcore Bass XP, next month. This title was just reviewed by Keyboard magazine and will be in the April issue, I believe.

oooohh bad bad bad nick...bad bad bad, these guys are gonna hold you to that!

NAMM 2006?

Go Back to forum