• Register
  • Help

Topic: Librairies and tax deductions

Share/Bookmark

Librairies and tax deductions

Attention business Gigers:

Since we purchase a [B]licence[/B for the use of samples when we buy a library, does that make it equal to an equipment rental for tax purposes? What I mean is, since we can\'t transfer or sell our sample librairies, as we don\'t even own the said samples, are these 100% deductible?

I know it\'s summer, but I\'ve been thinking about this for a few months... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Librairies and tax deductions

PS: When I write 100% deductible, I mean in the first year of purchase.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Librairies and tax deductions

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    [b]Attention business Gigers:

Since we purchase a licence[/B for the use of samples when we buy a library, does that make it equal to an equipment rental for tax purposes? What I mean is, since we can\'t transfer or sell our sample librairies, as we don\'t even own the said samples, are these 100% deductible?

I know it\'s summer, but I\'ve been thinking about this for a few months... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I asked my accountant about this last time we had a strategy session. His opinion was that a sample library has tax equivalence to a musical instrument. You need bass tracks, so you purchase a bass equals you need bass tracks so you purchase a bass library.

Go Back to forum