• Register
  • Help

Topic: tob: download problems with G-town

Share/Bookmark

tob: download problems with G-town

Hey tob,

I\'ve tried to download your anvils a couple of times, but for some reason I keep getting a page of gibberish characters. And while my progress bar shows that something seems to be going on, after about ten minutes it appears to be only half way through the process, so I end up closing it up. I figured that something must be wrong because it never takes more than a minute or two to download files from similar sites (such as Worra\'s Place).

Is there some sort of problem I should be taking care of on my end or am I just being impatient? Have other people had similar problems downloading the sounds?

Anyway, thanks for putting out the samples. I\'ve been trying to get my Toy Piano sample onto Worra\'s place, but I\'ve been running into a few file error problems. Hopefully I\'ll be able to get it over to him by the end of today.

Re: tob: download problems with G-town

Kobb,

Right click the link, and select Save As. Then select a folder to save it in.

That should solve your problem.

-- Martin

What is the link for the G-Town stuff?

Originally posted by EviLjuaN:
    What is the link for the G-Town stuff?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Come on people, some self-service please!

Use the search function of the forum, type
    \"G-Town site\"

and presto!

The link was posted yesterday also in another current topic. This is info you can easily find without asking right away.

Peter

( PS: it is http://62.13.11.115/gtown/ )

Originally posted by mschiff:
    Kobb,

Right click the link, and select Save As. Then select a folder to save it in.

That should solve your problem.

-- Martin
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That did it. Thanks much, Martin.

Ill registrate a domain someday so its easy to remember. Ill also try to find a cheap host for the files...

/Tobias

amazing sounds.
    i would like to download soon as possible.
    thanks to share with us

I had similar problems using Netscape 4.7 and even NS 7.0, so I installed Internet Explorer 6 to down the files and it worked like a charm...I guess a lot of web pages are optimized for IE these days. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Scott

Go Back to forum