J-

Re: Where can I buy these products??

Originally posted by bhuether:
    I am trying to find one place to buy all these:

1. Symphony of Voices
    2. Distorted Reality
    3. Battery
    4. Studio Drums for Battery
    5. HALion (assuming it can import 1 and 2 above)
    6. Kontakt (if 5 above does not apply and if Kontakt can import 1 and 2 above)

Is this wishful thinking?

So far MTLC.net is closest, but they don\'t sell HALion or Kontakt.

-brian
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We sell all of these. However, the deciding point between HALion 2 and Kontakt is whether or not HALion 2 imports Akai programming. Kontakt imports the Akai samples.

The best case for yourself is to order Translator to convert the above libraries into the format you want. Or CDXtract.

Where can I buy these products??

I am trying to find one place to buy all these:

1. Symphony of Voices
    2. Distorted Reality
    3. Battery
    4. Studio Drums for Battery
    5. HALion (assuming it can import 1 and 2 above)
    6. Kontakt (if 5 above does not apply and if Kontakt can import 1 and 2 above)

Is this wishful thinking?

So far MTLC.net is closest, but they don\'t sell HALion or Kontakt.

-brian

Howdy Peter,

Just so you know, HALion 2 essentially has CD-Extract built into it (same exact code)...so it works quite well with Akai format.

spectrum

It\'s also worth keeping mind, depending on your needs, that Kontakt has loads of processing and sound mangling capabilities built-in, while Halion is a bit more of a \"traditional\" sampler.

Originally posted by XanaX:
    It\'s also worth keeping mind, depending on your needs, that Kontakt has loads of processing and sound mangling capabilities built-in, while Halion is a bit more of a \"traditional\" sampler.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">With a great interface, excellent Giga import, fantastic megatrig, the best release sample articulation available and Waldorf filters.
    And it\'s incredibly stable.
    (Halion, I mean.)

Originally posted by pinkcanary:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by XanaX:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">With a great interface, excellent Giga import, fantastic megatrig, the best release sample articulation available and Waldorf filters.
    (Halion, I mean.)
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">YEa, but its stil a vst so it will still need a million pcs.

Ed

No it will not require a million PCs, Ed. Compared to what? To do what?
    At this point in time it will do more on a single PC than Giga can. Plus, it has a reasonably low preload of around 0.7 seconds depending on sampling rate and one computer can host many instantitions. With computers holding in excess of 2 gig of ram there is no shortage of resources for Halion.
    It is an excellent orchestrating device with functionality that exceeds most people\'s expectations..... when they realise what it is capable of. It\'s great to work with, tremendous interface and has excellent stability. And the playback accuracy of VSTi simply cannot be beat - even across several computers.

Originally posted by pinkcanary:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by XanaX:
    (Halion, I mean.)
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Why the defensive tone?

I wasn\'t being dismissive of Halion; hell, I\'m a Halion person myself.
    Personally, I never felt comfortable with the Kontakt interface---not as welcoming, kind of cluttered. Just my opinion, of course.

To each his own.... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum