• Register
  • Help

Topic: Roland to Halion via Chickensys Translator

Share/Bookmark

Roland to Halion via Chickensys Translator

Does anyone have any experience converting Roland S-760 samples to Halion with Chickensys? If so, does it work well? Is it worth even doing? As I\'m getting my new rig going (slowly but surely), I\'m starting to think my piles of Roland samples from the old days might be fairly useless sound-wise at this point.

Re: Roland to Halion via Chickensys Translator

It\'s not perfect, but it works. The latest version of Halion also imports Roland samples directly.

Regards,
    James

Originally posted by James Thornton:
    It\'s not perfect, but it works. The latest version of Halion also imports Roland samples directly.

Regards,
    James
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Great, then I can give it a whirl with no extra outlay. I have the latest version of Cubase SX coming my way this week. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by spinach ravioli:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by James Thornton:

Regards,
    James
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Great, then I can give it a whirl with no extra outlay. I have the latest version of Cubase SX coming my way this week. Thanks for the info. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thought I\'d follow up on this in case anyone was interested in the results. Halion 2 does a pretty good job of importing most of the Roland samples. Some, however, it can\'t do correctly, the Symphonic String 1aS patch for example (this was the workhorse string sound back in the old days [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

It did surprisingly well with a great deal of the Distorted Reality stuff. And revisiting that, I must say that Eric is awesome. It may have gotten overused, but there is a LOT of stuff in DR that is great, and weirdly, sounds pretty fresh even almost 10 years later. I bet now if I used some of it people would go \"wow! where\'d you get that sounds\" instead of being able to identify the lib right away.

Go Back to forum