• Register
  • Help

Topic: Replacement Disks for PMI Pianos

Share/Bookmark

Replacement Disks for PMI Pianos

Will there be replacement disks with 24 bit versions of the PMI Pianos for GIGA when GS3 comes out?

Re: Replacement Disks for PMI Pianos

I highly doubt it, as they don\'t even offer crossgrades between their existing products. I would bet on a new GS3 version that you have to pay full price for. Not that there is anything wrong with this (because their pianos are worth every cent), it just seems to be PMI\'s MO.

Will there be replacement disks with 24 bit versions of the PMI Pianos for GIGA when GS3 comes out?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We will implement as much of the exciting features of GST3 as possible in the existing line of pianois we have. The obvious introduction of efficiently compressed 24 bits samples is just a starting point. We will add more velocity layers, special extra midi triggered features, a lot of convolution tricks etc. We\'ll have more info when we have our hands on the software. Just wait.
    There will be new disks, and current owners will get a fair update offer.

as they don\'t even offer crossgrades between their existing products.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sorry? What are you talking about? We have upgrades from 16 to 24 bits. We have special prices for people who want to upgrade from LE to Full editions and we offer the registered user a huge discount on the 2nd and 3th piano lib. What more can you want? And if you want to change platforms we often cooperate or supply the new platform disks at cost price.
    The only product excluded from this route is the EastWest PMI Bosendorfer 290 plug-in as it is produced by a different company. The plug-in is EastWest and all the rest of my libraries is PMI. Hence no upgrade from -say- Giga to plug-In version.

Very good to hear this news!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum