• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: There's a Bear in my Living Room!!!

Share/Bookmark

There\'s a Bear in my Living Room!!!

Thought I\'d share 2 jobs that I did over the past week, with you guys (and girls). Don\'t leave, Isabella. Yes, they\'re trailers, but they\'re not too offensive, I hope.

\"Turning of the Tide\" and \"Sundial\"

http://homepage.mac.com/nickphoenix/FileSharing2.html

Oh and ignore the EWQLSO update files. They are not encoded and worthless to y\'all.

Re: There\'s a Bear in my Living Room!!!

Very nice work! Are those the Sound Canvas French Horns?

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just kidding!!!

You should do an album of your best work sometime.

Cheers
    Dave

Very enjoyable work, Nick! Ever consider doing this for a living? I love the dramatic, heroic feel of \"Turning of the Tide.\" (I, for one, hope the mega-scores stick around for a long time) What was that sweeping, rising sound at the end? And was this ALL QLSO? C\'mon, you can tell us!

I\'ve never been in Nick\'s area! (Just to prevent misunderstandings [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Nick you like Newman scores, huh? Almost forgot to add I liked the space in these.

Hansi

Nick-
    As always, you freaking rawk!

About how long from start to finish does it take you to complete a trailer job? Do you sit down and work it all through until it\'s completed or do you work on other things at the same time when you get brain fried?
    Personally, I like to start something and try to finish it compositionally, then I\'ll wait a day to mix it to make sure I still like it the next day.

From what I\'ve heard I\'d say the orchestra was QLSO Plat along with some Stormdrum later (maybe). I recognized a lot of QLSO sound there, tho... and btw, esp in the beginning, I think some attacks are a bit unrealistic [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (not that my cues are any better but, well [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

First Scheherazade, and now Nick. Poor Nick has a bear in his living room, and must compose pieces of sufficient quality to make the bear postpone eating him. I hope the bear stays.

Sounds on the money and effective, Nick.

I assume Sundial is a library cue, with all the symmetrical repeated phrases? (That\'s not an insult, it\'s a question!)

And I like the ragtag marching snares in the other cue.

Mr. Phoenix,

Oh these demos are lovely. I will send the honey right over. I adore your attempt to dial the sun.

Isabella Rowlins

Hey thanks. It\'s all EWQLSO, with a touch of Stormdrum and Post Bosendorfer 290. Yes, all this trailer music is written in a certain way that makes it edit friendly. Maybe someday I\'ll get to score a film before it\'s too late and my brain permanently fuses into advertising mode.

Go Back to forum